Signals 1st use

NYC ‘Que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
68b36c8408c016c37ec4978c0439acb6.jpg

Going to do a butt today using the Signals. First thing that I really like is that the app will change the display and settings on the unit. Couldn’t do this with the Smoke/Gateway.
Judging from the information displayed on the app, it looks like you can use the Signals and Smoke at the same time. One glance and you can see a total of six probes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subscribed! Can't get my Signals to accept my wifi. Will talk to Thermoworks support tomorrow. Have a feeling my 5G wifi is not liked by Signals.

Subscribed! Can't get my Signals to accept my wifi. Will talk to Thermoworks support tomorrow. Have a feeling my 5G wifi is not liked by Signals.

All I know is it connected automatically to my network and it’s been working flawlessly for the last 4 hours. Maybe it automatically connected to the 2.4 ghz?

Just checked my network and it did auto connect to the 2.4 ghz.
It looks like all my devices that need/prefer 5.0 auto connect to that and the 2.4 ones do the same.

Got it workin'! Doesn't auto connect to the 2.4 ghz - it finds the 5.0. However, I know the name of the 2.4 & when I enter that and then a password - all is good.

Just pulled my butt off the Stumps. The Signals was on for 7.5 hours and the battery icon is still showing full. If it could only last 16 hours, it should be showing half?

The instructions say to "check the Thermoworks BBQ app for battery percentage". However, I can't find that info on the app.

The instructions say to "check the Thermoworks BBQ app for battery percentage". However, I can't find that info on the app.

Can’t find it either

I called tech support at Thermoworks about this. So: touch any of the circles on the home page and it brings up another one. Touch the settings icon in the upper right corner and it brings up the sensor setting page. At the bottom there is an options bar. Touch that - Probe Options appears. And then select advanced info. It lists battery power as a percentage of 100. Also of interest, it tells the strength of the wifi connection. The range is between 30 and 90. 30 being excellent and 90 is useless.

Judging from the information displayed on the app, it looks like you can use the Signals and Smoke at the same time. One glance and you can see a total of six probes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so you can see your smoke probes as well? I'm assuming this is only if you have the gateway for your smoke. That's cool.
I'm also curious about the graphing in the app and what it looks like.

How's the app alarms sound level? Is it louder than the smoke? Smoke isn't very lout for overnight smokes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

How's the app alarms sound level? Is it louder than the smoke? Smoke isn't very lout for overnight smokes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Really? Mine sounds like an air raid siren. The volume is adjustable so maybe you've got yours on the low setting?

I called tech support at Thermoworks about this. So: touch any of the circles on the home page and it brings up another one. Touch the settings icon in the upper right corner and it brings up the sensor setting page. At the bottom there is an options bar. Touch that - Probe Options appears. And then select advanced info. It lists battery power as a percentage of 100. Also of interest, it tells the strength of the wifi connection. The range is between 30 and 90. 30 being excellent and 90 is useless.

Thank you. Found it.

Is it perhaps rated for 16h with all 4 channels in use?

Just pulled my butt off the Stumps. The Signals was on for 7.5 hours and the battery icon is still showing full. If it could only last 16 hours, it should be showing half?

Back