The 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Planning Post

Dang! It looks like my time off request was approved so now I guess I really do have to come out. Shucks and gosh darn!!
Looking so forward to some good food and friendship!
If it weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dang! It looks like my time off request was approved so now I guess I really do have to come out. Shucks and gosh darn!!
Looking so forward to some good food and friendship!

Great!! I got you on the signup sheet!
How many are you bringing with ya? :mrgreen:

Great!! I got you on the signup sheet!
How many are you bringing with ya? :mrgreen:

It will probably just be me, unless I can convince my wife and daughter to come along, but they don't get into these things like I do.

Bruce and I were trying to decide what to cook, and Tater Tots entered our thoughts. We are thinking of a Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole and/or Tater Tot Casserole, similar to what they make at Opie's BBQ in Spicewood, TX.

We ran it by Hotch and Shelly, and they are on board with getting creative with some Tots. We wanted to throw out a "challenge" for anyone interested, to come up with a creative recipe using Tater Tots. It can be a main dish, side dish, appetizer....anything. Seems live EVERYONE loves a good Tot, so we welcome anyone to join in. Also, the thought was to have something to munch on while fighting off the meat sweats!!

Bruce and I were trying to decide what to cook, and Tater Tots entered our thoughts. We are thinking of a Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole and/or Tater Tot Casserole, similar to what they make at Opie's BBQ in Spicewood, TX.

We ran it by Hotch and Shelly, and they are on board with getting creative with some Tots. We wanted to throw out a "challenge" for anyone interested, to come up with a creative recipe using Tater Tots. It can be a main dish, side dish, appetizer....anything. Seems live EVERYONE loves a good Tot, so we welcome anyone to join in. Also, the thought was to have something to munch on while fighting off the meat sweats!!

Shelly is working on ours!

Anyone care to provide an address so I can send some rub for you fellas to try out on some ribs?

Hotch, you bringing your deep fryer for the tots challenge? I can probably grab some cheese curds and we can make some poutine! Canadia's favorite drunk food. Fries, cheese curds & gravy.

Hotch, you bringing your deep fryer for the tots challenge? I can probably grab some cheese curds and we can make some poutine! Canadia's favorite drunk food. Fries, cheese curds & gravy.
Was not my plan to. Kelley and Bruce may bring one. A single basket that plugs into 120 VAC. Hopefully the power is on at the pavilion. :mrgreen:

We will be bringing our tabletop fryer from home. It's just a small, one basket fryer, which will need to be plugged in. If there is no electricity, we are out of luck. We are more than happy to share the fryer with anyone that would like to use it. We'll bring extra oil to replenish, as needed. All I ask is that no seafood be fried in it as to not cause an allergy problem for anyone or to give an "off" flavor for the tots or fries. Again, this is a small fryer and will need electricity....so....fingers crossed!

Is there anyone to ask, or a way to find out ahead of time whether or not we'll have access for electricity? It would be very helpful to know this ahead of time. Is there a Park Ranger to call, or someone like that?

Is there anyone to ask, or a way to find out ahead of time whether or not we'll have access for electricity? It would be very helpful to know this ahead of time. Is there a Park Ranger to call, or someone like that?
There are electrical outlets under the big pavilion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone care to provide an address so I can send some rub for you fellas to try out on some ribs?

I think I just got the tracking info on Czarbecue's rub he is sending to the Bash!!

Back