View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbassman5 View Post
Sign up on Grilling.com and the first coupon they give you is the discount for the Pit Barrel.

Bob, I've stuck a Turkey fry thermo in mine and at the rebar it was running about 275 with an ambient temp of 32. The heat of the summer would very likely bump that up to 300 to 325, which is still a very usable temp as far as Qing goes. I think of it as a fast smoker/slow griller.
So 275 was with the vent left at the manufacture's setting? By chance did you open it up a bit more to see if it would get hotter? I'm sure it would. As for ambient temp, that's a big factor too.

Here's another situation that crossed my mind. I'm not a Q Comp person. I grill/smoke for friends, neighbors, and my family. Being that chicken is that one category that gives Comp folks the fits, anyone here have a PBS that could justify, etc using in a Comp?

I closely read Patio's write up on his blog about the PBC. From the packaging to the the overall attention to detail that I could get from the pics, it looks to be worth the money. Course, pics are one thing. I'd really like to hear more about the performance and quality from those of you that have purchased one.
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote