second hand store find

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
found a sunbeam gas table top grill similar to the weber ga yesterday.
it looks new and seems to have been used once, its that clean inside.
sunbeam patio master #8205-2
it is missing the gas regulator so if any of you has one----. it also has
wood handles and is made in the usa. no idea of the age though.
all that for $3.60 .
some pics though its still dirty

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

I have 1 of those in the shed, I used to carry it on my truck I cooked on it so much I burnt out the element and started using charcoal in it, better grub than the truck stops.

Nice find, i am not sure it has a regulator and hose as they should accept the 1 lb portable propane bottles. I have always kept one in the back of the car or van with a picnic kit for when we go out on a drive.

Stop by a local store and find a picnic area where ever we end up.

no, the regulator that the bottle screws on is missing. i'll be cleaning it up and then slowly looking for the regulator.

Can you post a pic of the end of the burner where the regulator fits? Also any dimensions will help. I may have what you are looking for.

here is a pic of the end of the regulator. if you look closely, you can see a notch on the end of the fitting. there is an indent in the burner tube end and the reg fits in and when rotated is locked in. will get the tube measurement tomorrow. i may have to adapt something but would rather keep it as original as possible.

img_2101.jpg

the opening on the burner tube for the valve is approx 5/8". so still looking for an old valve to keep it lookin original. thanks,

the opening on the burner tube for the valve is approx 5/8". so still looking for an old valve to keep it lookin original. thanks,

Don't worry 'bout the original look! Whatever metal propane regulators are made from oxidizes quickly. In 6 months or a year tops you and everyone else won't know the difference.

here is a pic of the finished grill. cleaned it up, treated the wood handles and installed the regulator that smokinpreacher was so kind to send me at a great price.
rather pleased about it. its the second pic. somehow photobucket is still messing with me and not putting pics in that i choose.
anyoneknow how i can delete the first pic ?

IMG_0661_zpsa5e79f29.jpg

IMG_0655_zpse670cd2f.jpg

Back