View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
cayenne
is one Smokin' Farker

Question wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ View Post
Yes, the "D" part should be towards the back. Also, you should put most of your coals where the D is and have a few under the stone. One thing that I have read is that the top of the dome is too high and will not cook the top of the pizza evenly. Some have put a pan in the top of the dome to move the heat down.
Wow...great response and suggestions.

I'd thought the curved part of the D would go in the back..so, as to keep you from accidentally dropping the pizza off the back end off the peel, and to make it easier when putting the peel under it (since it would stop in the back) when trying to turn it...hmm.

I just ordered a 2nd weber wire grate, to set on top of the kettle pizza insert, and on top of that, I'd set the heavy round stone I origninally bought for this...figuring that would keep the top hotter...and radiate heat back onto the pie.

Hm. Well, I'll likely try it one way this first time, and then the other way the 2nd time, and at least on one of them, I'll do my usual and make up some new "4 letter words" when it blows up on my face.

:)

Looks like, however, my stone won't be in till Monday...so, I may not get to try it this weekend....but still planning and plotting!!

Hey, on a related note, does anyone have a favorite home made from scratch pizza sauce??

Thanx in advance,

cayenne
cayenne is offline   Reply With Quote