Dual Throwdown Entry/ Jerk Wings

Stingerhook

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
In honor if the dual “Food Truck” & “Appetizer” throwdowns happening I decided to do a dual purpose cook
Links to the throwdowns
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274459
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274391
Picked up some of these for the cook
ZGqrA3W.jpg

Black pepper, Sea salt, Candied ginger, Scotch bonnet, Scallion, Lime Juice, Cider vinegar, EVOO, Cinnamon, Thyme, Garlic, Allspice, Soy sauce and Onion for a “Jerk Marinade”
Wings ready to go into the fridge to dry uncovered for a while with some “Gungo” peas out the freezer for the rice and peas
tK9XuqE.jpg

Into the 18” for a while
X7JV72H.jpg

Nellie also made some “Festival” to go with the “Food Truck” meal
Corn meal, flour, baking powder, milk, salt and sugar. Fried in the cast iron.
And we have a finished food truck box to serve.
Jerk wings, Festival, and Rice & Peas
eVOXqXX.jpg

And a nice “Jerk Wing” appetizer
quQPYnC.jpg

Thanks for looking

Heck yes, Marty! That whole plate looks wonderful, but those Jerk wings are calling my name....

That looks fantastic! Can you share the ratios on the ingredients for the festival? I was in jamaica about a month ago and this meal is calling to me!

That looks supah great mahn! Jamaican style food is one of my favorites. Nice job :thumb:

Festival

That looks fantastic! Can you share the ratios on the ingredients for the festival? I was in jamaica about a month ago and this meal is calling to me!
Sorry it took so long Erik, see below. Nellies recipe.
1C yellow cornmeal
1C all-purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1T sugar
1 egg beaten
ice water

Mix ingredients together and add enough ice water to make dough soft but firm enough to be able to shape into long dumplings. Knead lightly. Divide dough into 6 portions and roll into 6" x 2" lenghts. Make the middle of the festival flat so it fry will cook evenly.
Fry in deep fat or hot oil 1 inch deep until golden brown, turning when necessary.
Drain on paper towel.
Serve hot.

Back