• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Used Equipment Auctions?

tmcmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Does anyone have a favorite on-line auction site for restaurant equipment? I have looked at a few with minimal results...

I've never heard of online used restaurant equipment auctions....
And I didn't just pay $67 for a 6 foot tall Henny Penny stainless steel warmer cabinet that I don't plan on turning into a smoker this spring.:p

Quit looking..they don't exist

The company that auctioned Ozzie Smith's restaurant equipment had an on line auction concurrent with the live auction. I'll look the name up.

Oh well.. I'm done buying for awhile :)
bidfta.com
and
doubletakeauctions.com

Just need to look at the auction details, both usually have about a 6 hour window when you pick your stuff up.

Here is one of the best I have found...It's not too well known yet so there are always KILLER deals to be found on here!!!!!!!!!! They usually have several different auction going and the equipment is very good quality!!

http://www.fasttrackauction.com/

Used Restaurant Equipment

Look for a used restaurant equipment dealer. Here in Atlanta area there is a business called Atltanta Restuarant Equipment, Inc. 770-925-4858 Just call Harry.

I use this one all the time, I am reluctant to share it because knuckleheads tend to bid the stuff up too high. I paid $100 for a cambro and Keller Steeler paid $60 a week later ....hmmm. I think we should trade...lol..... Anyway here it is. They have multiple locations in the state of TX. Better than $170.

http://www.advancedauctioncompany.net/cgi-bin/mncal.cgi?advauct

Good luck to those who use it. I haven't been disappointed yet with the quality of the products.

I've never heard of online used restaurant equipment auctions....
And I didn't just pay $67 for a 6 foot tall Henny Penny stainless steel warmer cabinet that I don't plan on turning into a smoker this spring.:p

Quit looking..they don't exist

Not sure on the level of sarcasm. But I paid $120 for the Henny Penny warmer that I'm converting. That was via Craigslist. Thought it was a good deal.

Not sure on the level of sarcasm. But I paid $120 for the Henny Penny warmer that I'm converting. That was via Craigslist. Thought it was a good deal.

It was dripping :p
The online equipment auctions can be a steal if you find the right one. I've seen some where goobers will end up paying basically full retail, and others where things have gone for next to nothing.
For me it usually comes down to:

1. Am I available and willing to make the drive to the designated pickup location on the day it's required.
2. How good of a deal am I getting.

I drove 3 hours each way to get my warmer, but it was exactly what we were looking for and dirt cheap.

here is one I frequent... sometimes there are good deals, sometimes not.... you just have to be patient and keep searching. This is for "gov" deals, so it might be city, county, state, etc....

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/AdvSearch.cfm

Just do your state (in the drop down menu), or your interested states, and then choose "cafeteria and kitchen equipment" in the drop down menu.

Happy hunting. I have seen some junk go very high, and some great buys slip past me for nothing.... remember, it is an auction site.

online used equipment

equip-bid.com. They are out of the kc area.

Back