• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Burgers and Fries on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Sometimes I just know I'm getting old. I was checking google yesterday for hints on making French Fries on the Blackstone, found a few YouTube videos, then came across a post here on Brethren - by me. :doh: Yep, I sometimes forget things I've already made, comes with old age. At least I still remember how to login and post.

Anyway, it's still worth a second look. Can't beat Burgers and Fries on the Blackstone.

I sliced up a few potatoes, par-boiled them for about 8 minutes, dried them well and got 'em ready for the griddle. But first, you can't have a good burger without of course, Bacon!

I got the bacon started first, slid some of that nice bacon grease to the other side of the griddle and gave them both a head start -

JYJBoOt.jpg

b3ODdcu.jpg

Once the bacon was crisp, on went some mushrooms and four 6 oz. patties -

3EicePu.jpg

Add Provolone for the Mrs, American for mine and griddle some buns -

oH7ZcM3.jpg

And lunch or should I say Early Bird Special for us old folks :wink: is ready -

7Hsfs9e.jpg

cmal1yv.jpg

Yeah, as good as it looks. No trips to Five Guys needed in this house.

Thanks for checking in on today's special.

Regards,
-lunchman

Yum! I'm overdue for a blackstone burger. Your's looks killer! Well done Dom!

absolutely great!
I love burgers with mushrooms !
may I suggest to try blue cheese instead of provolone? IMHO the taste is even better !

Dom,

You killed it!!! Never thought of fries on a Blackstone... Gonna try it soon...

Thanks,
Greg

Heck yes! I love Blackstone cooks! Love the fries idea. How did they turn out? That’s a great idea.

Heck yes! I love Blackstone cooks! Love the fries idea. How did they turn out? That’s a great idea.

The fries turned out crispy on the outside, still soft on the inside just as they should be. What helps here is the par- boiling to give them a head start. Then of course make sure they're as dry as possible to avoid steaming. I cut them about 3/8ths of an inch or so. Not much different than griddling home fries for breakfast I guess.

I used Yellow potatoes for them, left the skin intact.

Five guys is overrated. Killer burger and fries Dom!

Looks great. Haven’t tried fries yet on mine. Looks like something I’ll have to try. Wonder where I can find a good how to?

Looks great. Haven’t tried fries yet on mine. Looks like something I’ll have to try. Wonder where I can find a good how to?

It's fairly straightforward. I happened to use yellow potatoes since that's what I bought at the market yesterday, but most homemade French Fry recipes call for Russets. I sliced these so they were uniformly sized (less than a half inch), brought a pot of heavily salted water just to a boil, then to a low simmer and cooked them until a knife just barely pierced them. For me, that was about 8 minutes, but go by feel, not by time. Skin was left on since that's how we like our fries.

Drain them, then dry them well. I spread them out on a wire rack over a baking pan and blotted them dry with paper towels.

Blackstone was on medium heat. I brought oil out with me, but had plenty of bacon grease so made use of it. Fries in bacon fat, what more could you ask for. Cook until desired doneness. Salt and pepper as you go.

I had thoughts of using a bag of frozen fries I had on hand, then just said the heck with it, I'll make my own from scratch.

Back