Smitty’s Pellet Pooper Ponderings

Everyone tauts the high temps their PG's will reach, but in my experience unless you've got a Flame Zone type area the high temp means nothing as far as searing things like burners, steaks, etc. You need direct radiant heat to do that well; hot air just doesn't cut the mustard. You may get good grate marks, but not a good overall sear.

100% agree. Searing requires direct radiant heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think all these pooper threads are a huge conspiracy. All of you guys are posting all this stuff about poopers just to make me buy one. Then, you'll have a good laugh and go back to your stick burners and drums and I'll be stuck. Well, I'm not falling for it.:moon:
Best post of the day!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm Digging this one........

HmsYjOgl.jpg

nFl3NA5l.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpHIXnD4zIc

That's Cooool! Love the name.

I don’t have the $ But One of you Farkers oughta get it........

I'm starting to see where this "thing" is headed. You don't want to spend your money on a stupid pellet pooper, but if we all pitched together than it wouldn't be like you were buying a pellet pooper.....but you "might" try it?

That sound about right Smitty?:mod:

I'm starting to see where this "thing" is headed. You don't want to spend your money on a stupid pellet pooper, but if we all pitched together than it wouldn't be like you were buying a pellet pooper.....but you "might" try it?

Kinda - I don’t mind spending my money -that’s why I don’t have any - Well that and the $12K pay cut between last job and the current job. :shock:

but your plan sounds pretty good :heh:

Last edited:
Rabbet cooks just like chicken.:pJust saying.:becky:

I got 5 on it... :heh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you get it? Ad's Gone.......

wasn't me, I am saving up for the Yoder YS640. Watching craigslist .

If that smoker was the 850, it is really narrow at 18" depth. that would mean only 16" (or less) usable depth. It had the old controller.

I like the firepot on the yoder.

Back