Thick or Thin sliced

P

princess49615

I have been searching the posts trying to figure out, if when making moinkers, do you prefer thin, regular or thick sliced bacon? Which cooks better? Let me know, I would really like to make a huge batch of these for a welcome home party for my friend. Serving nothing but appetizers, the moinkers, ABT's, pig candy and my own creation LolliRibs.

Any other suggestions for finger foods would be great, as I assume everyone will be to drunk to actually sit down to a meal when it comes time to eat.

And by chance if there are any Brethren in the Northern MI area Alpena side feel free to PM me for directions, I would love to pick y'all's brains:wink:

oh god, please don't call 'em MOINKers.

trust me...

go with a medium slice for the first time. an apple smoked bacon is quite nice.

Why not call'em moinkers? lol
LolliRibs-During rib prep before throwin em' on the smoker, I scrap the meat down the bone of the ribs to get some of the bone showing BEFORE cooking, rub em' in whatever rub is suiting my mood that day, put em on the smoker to cook 3-2-1 method, cut em up and serve, so as they look like suckers, but i put the bones through the inside of a small dixie cup (so as to keep the yummy goodness the may happen to fall off from hitting the ground. I'm sure you guys got some fancier name for them, but that is what my then 2 yr old named them, so that's the name they carry:)

Apple smoked eh, even if I plan to sprinkle them with probably Dave's Rib rub? It's my hubby's favorite on anything cooked on the grill or smoker lately

and what is this i hear about LOLLIRIBS?

MOINK balls I normally use thin sliced bacon, if I can only get medium sliced, I precook them a bit to help the process.

I will add, that the person who coined the name, BBQ Grail has asked that they be called MOINK balls, some choose to go along with the fun, others prefer to call them bacon wrapped meat balls.

MOINK balls being beef meat balls wrapped in bacon and smoked. Rub is probably a real good idea, sauce is optional. I sauce.

I will add, that the person who coined the name, BBQ Grail has asked that they be called MOINK balls, some choose to go along with the fun, others prefer to call them bacon wrapped meat balls.

MOINK balls being beef meat balls wrapped in bacon and smoked. Rub is probably a real good idea, sauce is optional. I sauce.

yes, it's all in the fun.

again, landarc has the right answer.

as i refer to medium sliced, i think of regular, store bought, bacon.

as opposed to say prociutto which i would say needs to be thin sliced and only thin sliced. paper thin.

As I understand it, they are not MOINK balls until BBQ Grail has certified them so. He's a real stickler, so I would not just go assuming that these are going to be MOINK balls. I think it best NOT to call them MOINK balls until they are, in fact, certified -- wouldn't that be a bit presumptuous after all? Heck, if he didn't like your filler or gave it a thumbs down because you used a contraband sauce, then where would you be? You'd have to go editing "MOINK" out of all your posts and who needs that trouble? Note also that BBQ Grail capitalizes MOINK balls. Uncertified, you can call them anything you like, including MOINKERS, moinks, moink balls, bacon-wrapped meatballs, or Freddies. Once certified, then call them MOINK balls.

Well that settles it it I shall never EVER from this day forward, call them that "M" word again. On this, the 9th day of October 2010, they shall be MOINK balls to me forever. I will pass this knowledge on to my fellow locals who also have been calling them that "M" word, so I can instill in them the value that the BBQ grail holds in our online neighborhood of all things Q. "I cross my heart and hope to die, stick a skewer in my eye, LMAO!"

Please don't take offense to this, please. I am only thankful that someone has pointed out to me that I was calling them the wrong thing.:icon_blush: Now with all that settled, and clicking on the link for the MOINK balls certification thread. It seems that I will be doing them soon and posting my pics to the link to see if I can earn my MOINK balls certificate:p
As I understand it, they are not MOINK balls until BBQ Grail has certified them so. He's a real stickler, so I would not just go assuming that these are going to be MOINK balls. I think it best NOT to call them MOINK balls until they are, in fact, certified -- wouldn't that be a bit presumptuous after all? Heck, if he didn't like your filler or gave it a thumbs down because you used a contraband sauce, then where would you be? You'd have to go editing "MOINK" out of all your posts and who needs that trouble? Note also that BBQ Grail capitalizes MOINK balls. Uncertified, you can call them anything you like, including MOINKERS, moinks, moink balls, bacon-wrapped meatballs, or Freddies. Once certified, then call them MOINK balls.

Back