Beef Plate Short Ribs

I've done a few over the past couple months, damn things are sinful..

Always a treat on the smoker. Those look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great looking ribs. I have three slabs of baby backs in the fridge and am thinking of adding the short ribs to the cook this week. Your post sealed the deal.

Nice Bones.... sourced locally???? If so I gotta know.

Edit... Sam's Club by chance???

I also cooked beef short ribs this weekend. I did two racks (4 bones each) that I purchased from Costco (choice) and like you I cooked them on a WSM (22.5"). The short ribs I cooked before were cut across the ribs in 2"-3" in strips. Those cooked in right at 6 hours. While the WSM averaged 275-280 degrees these full 'racks' took substantially longer. Just curious, how long did yours take to cook?

Beef ribs are my favorite food group! Yours look delicious!!

Mighty fine cook! I bet they tasted great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good to know Sam's gets the 3 Rib Plates, I will go there next time I want to do Beef Ribs. I did some this past weekend, but my source only had 4 Rib plates and they weren't as large as yours. Taste was fine, but I want to try the 3 Rib plates next time.

Ok. Rookie question. What’s the difference in short ribs & the big Dino ribs? Those short ribs look pretty big to me? I’d like to give those a try. Thanks

Ok. Rookie question. What’s the difference in short ribs & the big Dino ribs? Those short ribs look pretty big to me? I’d like to give those a try. Thanks

When you order ribs at your local butchery or at a restaurant, they're usually from the Short Plate section of a cow's rib cage, cut into smaller 2- to 3-inch pieces and labelled as beef short ribs. “Dino bones” are these self-same rib bones before they're cut to size.

Back