150 gallon offset build

Tipps, your build is very impressive. If it cooks half as good as it looks, you might have accidentally started a side business!

Tipps, your build is very impressive. If it cooks half as good as it looks, you might have accidentally started a side business!

Thanks a bunch, and thanks for the compliments everybody else.

Great work! Now you got me thinking about that upper rack. Very interested to see how your vent works too! Great ideas. Can’t wait to see this thing in action!

I really wanted a half upper rack, so it wouldn’t be in my way as much. I can pull it out pretty easy if I need too as well.
The vertical vent works good, it adjusts/latches in 1” increments to as big as I could fit it on the door.

That looks fantastic! I wish I had the know how and the tools to do something like that myself.

well, I got some tools built for it, got the front steering handle on, and now it's painted. added the tru-tell thermometer that glows (we will see if it works any good), and a silicone probe port at the front. my garage is a disaster and I may never get it all cleaned.

just got to light a fire and season it now. about time to cook and enjoy this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_4306.JPG
    IMG_4306.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_4308.JPG
    IMG_4308.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_4588.JPG
    IMG_4588.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_4589.JPG
    IMG_4589.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 172
Man that's a mighty fine-looking little machine you have there! That's just slicker than snot on a doorknob. LOL great build!

Finished my new smoker finally. Got it seasoned last week with a mix of tallow and bacon grease I had saved, threw some chicken thighs on it towards the end of seasoning it. First real cook was this past Saturday, and it rained the entire time almost. smoked a brisket and 2 small racks of ribs (had just put ribs on in the photo). Everything turned out good, trying to learn the new cooker but I believe I have found the setting it likes to hold a steady temp in 250-270 range with about a stick an hour. Appreciate all the help and compliments, looking forward to smoking all kinds of stuff on this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_4792.JPG
    IMG_4792.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4797.JPG
    IMG_4797.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4850.jpg
    IMG_4850.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4851.JPG
    IMG_4851.JPG