• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cold Front Arrived— MSU Lab Open

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Green Chili Stew. Sort of.
1# fresh ground brisket flat
1# chopped mesquite smoked pork shoulder
6-7 fingerling potatoes
1.5 cups brisket jelly
1 Jar Durango Diner Green Chile Sauce
2 T Bolner Fiesta Chile Seasoning
1t Cumin
1T ground oregano
1packet Goya Sarazon
Chicken stock

Beer for the Lab Technician. Maybe two. Bike ride early in the books

Looks great Adams! I just picked up that Durango green chili on Monday and had high hopes and it didn’t deliver. Too much of a lemony vinegar taste in my opinion. Guess I will have to just keep making my own…

Wishing on a cold front in my part of Texas, quicksilver daydreams of crisp fall weather while my car thermometer reads 106 degrees Fahrenheit. Dish looks tasty. I'd enjoy it regardless of the weather.

Where I live (on The High Plains) it’s near the desert Southwest, near the Rocky Mtns, near the Mexican Border, I’m in Indian Territory claimed by Plains Apache, Kiowa and Comanche. Where Spaniard vs Mexican still has a distinction.

That being said, saying you had a bowl of Green Chile Stew in my part of the world is like saying you had a cookie. Ingredients/method of cooking/taste/texture/appearance the possibilities are endless.

This pot was based on what I had on hand. A freezer fridge cabinet dump of ingredients. True for this pot. There are those cooking their ancestors recipe that would never vary a pinch of anything anytime. I’m not Those people.

Google “Green Chile stew with potatoes)
https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/best-green-chile-stew-recipe/

Last edited:
Back