Grape Vines

Puppyboy

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I smoked up some ribs yesterday using oak and grape vines. The oak was the work horse through out the day but the grape vines stole the show in the long run.

Knowing too much could cause a bitter flavor, I added a hand full of vine pieces at three intervals. The vines added a slight tart flavor but did not over power the meat. A flavor I would compare it to a vinegar dip sauce. I believe the flavor complimented the pork rather well and am planning using some vines this weekend on a whole shoulder.

So guys, no pron this time.

grape vines

Are the vines wild or your own. Where I work I have wild vines covering 30 ft trees.Just wondering if it makes a difference wild or not.scottfish1

used grape vine wood pellets in my triger it gives an very bitter taste

what i have learned is an little of this wood goes an long way

it is an nice wood to cook fish with

york

We use Grape stumps almost all the time
Never had a bitter taste
The vines are too small to give you enough heat
The stumps are similar to using big tree branches
I find it comparable to Apple
This would be table Grape vines here in So Cal

I had some of Thom's food cooked with Grape Vine. I think we might have won an award or two with it...

lot of wild grape vines around here. We use to smoke them when we was kids an couldnt get any tobacco.

If anyone around the Cleveland area is looking for grape vines, I have some in my backyard. Come over and trim off what you would like..... PLEASE...

Back