Hickory wood in New Jersey

Jaime Bayona

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Anyone here is from New Jersey that lives close to Philadelphia . I'm looking for some hickory wood I'm tired of using charcoal .

hoe much are you looking for? Most wood suppliers don't sell by species. Good hardwoods are abundant around here. If you can recognize trees you can find lots of good wood laying on the roads. Hickory, oak, beech, maple, are all pretty common and all good smoke woods. And you can always go to Home Depot and buy a bag , over priced as it is .

I checked with a fire wood supplier in Delran New Jersey and he only sold it in cords that are 8 by 4 . I really don't want that much , don't have the room to store all that lumber I just need maybe 20 to 40 pieces .

I think you will have an issue not buying more of it now. On CL, a guy in Quakertown is selling a 1/4 cord for $75.00.

Did you ever think about buying hickory chunks from your local hardware store?

I just got finish looking on Craigslist and I found a guy that's right above Quaker town that sells cords and bins of wood for $70

Last edited:
Wood

Anything like that in North NJ? Need small supply of smoking wood. Been checking Craig's List,so no luck so far.
DanB

Dan I took a ride to Lancaster pa today to the meadow creek retail store and I got a box of hickory wood for $20 and it had about 30 pices about 12" long .

Back