View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Clark
Default Cooking for Prom

Some of y'all may remember my son asked me to cook for his first date a couple of years ago (Homecoming, detailed in this thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=172503).

He has a date for Prom this weekend and told the girl who asked him that he would rather not go out to dinner if I didn't cook for them. The young lady (not a steady girlfriend or anything, just a friend) thought about it and decided she liked the idea. Joe asked a buddy of his if he wanted to bring his date for dinner too. So, I'll be cooking for four high school juniors Saturday night. (Yeah, we've kinda started a trend and some of the kids really like doing this. I'm sure the fact that it doesn't cost anyone anything helps, but the SoDT and I really enjoy doing it. It's pretty cool.)

I walked around the grocery store at lunch to get an idea of what to make, and I came up with the following. Let me know your thoughts.

First Course:
Romaine Lettuce Salad with egg, croutons, tomato, and red onion tossed with a creamy Caesar dressing.

Second Course:
Cream of Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower soup.

Main Course:
Choice of Grilled Sesame Ginger Marinated Chicken Breast or Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon. Baked Potato with Toppings and Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Spears.

Desert:
Fresh Berry Compote over Pound Cake topped with Whipped Cream.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->