Maverick Probes in Stock

Your post couldn't have come at a better time. Both my probes crapped out on me due to my own sloppy handling. When I looked around I was a little taken back by the prices. These guys have the right price and everything about their business practices is first rate. Thanks for thinking about your brethren.

They show out of stock for me. I have been checking this site nearly every day for a month. Sucks if I missed it.

Out of stock and I'd rather replace them with the 6' probes, those 3' ones are a pain in the arse

The three footers work fine for me. I guess I am just going to have to buy them at full price...

Back in stock. I just ordered 2. Would have ordered more but I thought maybe somebody else might want a couple.:p

I just received notification that mine shipped. These guys are great! 44 minutes from ordering to shipping.

I just ordered the GOOD Made in America probes - thanks for bumping this thread to remind me.

I hope I've taken care of the probe-crap-out-due-to-water issue with my new probes. I ordered the 'water resistant' hybrid probes and applied a small dab of 100% silicone to the cable/probe junction. I killed the stock probes on the third cook when a tiny little molecule of H20 wormed its way into that junction. Hopefully, this 'fix' will work to keep the H20 out.

I'll report after I wash the probes a few times.

Attachments

• probes.jpg
    probes.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 71
I have had pretty good luck with my probes, and spend extra time trying to be careful with them and keep the moisture out.

Is it just me, or should the Mfg. of these probes spend some money on R & D and come up with a more robust and water resistant probe? Or perhaps they make most of their money on the probes, and not the units themselves? Sort of like the ink-jet printers thing, give the printers away, and make their money on the ink to operate them. Seems like 99% of the complaints of their system stems from the probes. Just saying!

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

Thanks for the heads up PJTexas. Unfortunately, I got tired of waiting and sprung for some of the more expensive 6' cables last week...

So if I put silicone on my original probes they should last longer ?

Highcal... I don't know the definitive answer to that yet. I just now made the mod and will be testing it over the next several weeks. My educated guess is that it will most definitely increase the longevity of the probes by dramatically reducing the likelihood of failure due to moisture.
But only time and washing will tell!

Back