New to forum and bought a Pitmaker Vault

wagge

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello Brethren from the Great State of Texas, Located in Houston, grew up here too. Went to Cyfair High, only High School in the district, now there are 11 or so. I guess that tells you about how old I am, but I make grandfather time look like a kid. BTW, Fred Pirkle (BBQ GURU) was my metal shop teacher God Bless him, and able to talk with him before he passed

I had a Pitts and Spits trailer rig years ago but sold this in 2004 and have been pit-less since. So about two weeks ago I tell myself its time, so after searching the web I stumble across Pitmaker. I drive out to visit and lo and behold Victor owns this place. I knew him when he ran P&S after the big breakup. Well after he showed me his pits I was hooked, now don't get me wrong, I love a stick burner offset but now its time to try something new. It is built like a tank and will be my kids one day, so even expensive, I think its a worthy investment. Pick it up December 5-15 or there about. Will post pics when we get it set up here at the shop, as it is a company pit and my guys will use it more than me :sad:

Good cooking and thanks for the forum

Welcome!! From what I hear, you've got yourself a great pit coming to you.

Cool story. Looking forward to pictures. Lots and lots of photos

Welcome, glad to have ya. That was a nice story ya told. Keep us updated on your new smoker and have a good time wandering around this place, these are good people here.

Welcome.
I got a buddy who has a Pitmaker Vault. I was over at his place this weekend drooling over it while we smoked some beef ribs, a pork loin and baby backs. Beautiful pit. You'll enjoy it.

Welcome and congrats. I got my vault about six months ago. At first I didn't like it, because it has a tendency to run hot even with my air intake mod. After learning how to load the charcoal and adjust the air inlet valve, it holds temperature like a rock. Have fun learning the pit and don't get frustrated like I did.

Welcome to the forum wagge. You're going to love your Vault! You'll be able to feed half of Reliant Stadium with that bad boy!

you will love that insulated cooker. Set it and forget it! Welcome aboard brother!

Back