• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Does a wsm churn out better que than a kettle?

Trumpstylz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Does the wsm actually produce better results, or is it just easier to keep a constant temp?

I started on a kettle, and now smoke on a WSM. It is WAY easier. I added an iQue 110 to the WSM, and now I can smoke all day and keep a constant temperature.

Two cooking grates also give you more capacity.

CD

According who the cook was it not the machine that makes good Q

although i have a wsm, i prefer the kettle. but thats cuz i'm in a wheelchair and lifting the wsm is a bit difficult. i did cook on it several times and i don't remember it being that much better.

I can hold steady temps on my WSM all day without the use of a temp controller.

I don't know that I would say better but easier and large volume of food. A hole lot less babysitting

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think, depending on the situation, a kettle can match a WSM in end product. But, the WSM is a much easier and more versatile tool for getting a cook done. Plus, there is no way a single kettle can produce as much food, of a given quality, as a WSM.

Yes they do, but its hard to grill with one.

That's why you need multiple tools for different jobs. :biggrin1:

picture.php

CD

No, but I have both and I grill on my kettles including on my smokey joes, I smoke solely on my WSM or my mini wsm's now that I have them. If you want a smoker its a great investment, if you want to do it on your kettle and only have one piece of equipment that works too. Those 10 hour runs on a kettle will be more fun on a WSM, just saying. Its really up to you.

I have both and have bbqed on both. The WSM is easier to maintain temps but it also holds more coal for long cooks and is easier to get a good "smoked" favor out of.

Got rid of my wsm ......the weber performer is the best "all around" smoker/grill there is.....jmo

I have both and have bbqed on both. The WSM is easier to maintain temps but it also holds more coal for long cooks and is easier to get a good "smoked" favor out of.

You guys get more smoke flavor out of the wsm?

I'll chime in.

The Weber Kettle is a charcoal grill.

The WSM is a charcoal smoker/BBQ pit.

Either one, in the hands of a skilled cook, can produce outstanding food.

I grill on kettles, I BBQ on WSMs.

I have to agree that for smoking the WSM is far easier to use. I would add, that this extra ease of use usually makes a more consistent result.

Back