thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE,
FOOD, AND FORESTRY
January 4, 2006
BURN BAN EXPANDED TO INCLUDE BANNING CAMPFIRES, CHARCOAL
GRILLING; WELDING RESTRICTIONS ALSO ADDED
Oklahoma’s burn ban is being strengthened to include banning all campfires and outdoor charcoal grilling. Strict rules regarding outdoor welding activities are also included in the ban.

Fur Long that will be us.

Have not been following the news, but why are they banning cooking in OK?

Time to break out the gasser or Meco electric!!

They didn't say nuttin' about wood!

Yep, gasser will minimize withdrawal symptoms. Having lived through the Wild Fires of 2003 here in San Dog I hope you all get relief soon.....Bob

I just logged on to post something on that, but ya farkers beat me to it!

We've lost something like 350 THOUSAND acres already, and I just heard there's a big fire out east of Choctaw a ways...

Here's what I was going to post:
January 05, 2006

Burn Ban Expanded
Fires continue to break out all across the state, some minor blazes and other larger ones. All in all, over $10 million of estimated damage has been done since November 1st. And the risk doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon. With no rain expected in the next week or so, several days will carry extreme fire danger levels, especially this coming Saturday.

In response, Governor Brad Henry has expanded the statewide Burn Ban. No longer allowed are outdoor grilling or campfires of any kind, and outdoor welding has also been restricted. Violations, according to officials, will be strictly prosecuted.

That gives me the right to say FARK!, does it not??

Farking right it does Arlin. More than once, and loud too.

We went through something similar a few years ago here in Florida. Almost burned the state off the map.
What you posted said no outdoor grilling or campfires of any kind, does that mean gas grills too? damn
Hope yall get some rain soon.

That chews. I had big plans for the weekend, too.

qman- gas grills are technically allowed from what I understand.

VitaminQ said:
That chews. I had big plans for the weekend, too.

qman- gas grills are technically allowed from what I understand.

Well, that's a couple of hairs better than nothing.

We get no burn days here because of air quality.Can't use the fireplace unless it's your only source of heat, but BBQ's are OK.We have many restuarants that use wood,so i keep on smoking.

Guys, I have been following the wldfires on the news and pray every night you guys get some rain.

Hope you OK Brothers get some rain soon so you can get back to the Q'in!! In the meantime, I'd exploit the lack of a ban on beer!!

It sounds to me like they were calling for a complete ban on anything outdoor cooking related. I would think it would include gas grills also.

JTMcD.

Thanks, guys, we sure could use some danged moisture.

On the news last night they said gas grills were OK. I've got one, but haven't opened the lid in over three years... It might come to that!

Arlin_MacRae said:
they said gas grills were OK. I've got one, but haven't opened the lid in over three years!

Carefull. Might be something alive in there!

Is there a difference between Grilling and Smoking? But seriously you have our Prayers not just for the BBQ but for those who have lost so much on the devastation a fire causes.

I don't think I could convince a cop that what I'm doing is smoking, not grilling, and therefore legal. Besides, with only a lowly ECB, I'm constantly taking the cooking chamber off to fark with the fire, and therefore have it exposed as though it were a grill. A very low-to-the ground grill, at that. I don't want to risk it, anyway. Although a fire couldn't hurt my yard . . .:twisted:

Back