My Wife and Kids

T

TEAM PIG IRON

My kids are 2.5, 11 , and 17 ... They are part of my bbq team and help in all aspects ... Its trying some times to put up with but in the end we all make a great team! My 2.5 year old Jojo helps make the rub and sauce... my 11 anthony helps with the meat prep most of the time...he knows what temp we cook at knows alot about the diffrent things we need to do to be ready to cook my daugher is 17 and helps keep an eye on jojo at the contests and washes dishes and really helps to keep things clean... shelli my wife helps "man" the pit at night and is doing great learning to garnish the turn in boxes... The reason I posted this here is because I want you to know that its never too early to share your passion for the pit with them and pass it on! We are a bbq family we live it breath it and must say we have come so far in 2 years in the world of bbq...so take your kids and wife teach them what you love you may be surprised!

I love it! My son is 3 and helps me with the rub too. I can't wait till he's old enough to help out in more ways. I hope he is interested when that time comes.

Big Al and I don't compete but it is certainly team work when it comes to cooking the Q - it's a great hobby to share.

I agree. My 3 year old son likes to help start the fire. My 15 month old daughter just likes to eat what we cook. My wife likes to eat and has been supportive of my new habit. Good times.

That's awesome man! I can't wait until kids are old enough to help out. I have a feeling this little dude will be all about it. Gotta love that proud papa feeling.

drewribs.jpg

Back