View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #837
AClarke44
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedbrd View Post
What is the difference between a UDS and PBC?
There isn't much difference honestly. Typically UDS's are 55 gallon barrels and the PBC is a 30 gallon. But it's plenty big to do large cooks if you need that space. The PBC was heavily tested and configured so it eliminates a lot of guessing. Once you get the intake set your cooks will be very consistent. There are many many different ways to configure a UDS. Some simple some not. If you have the skills, tools, time, and access to parts you MAY be able to build a UDS cheaper but if you want ALL new parts it is going to be hard....The PBC will cook faster than you are use to (yes at the same temp as other cookers) and that is explained in a couple articles saying it's due to the 30 gallon barrel size and hanging the meat. Some here will debate that the barrel size makes a difference and I'm not smart enough on the science of it all I just know meat cooks faster in my PBC. You'll notice if you research that a large majority of people who own a PBC think they are outstanding cookers and that cooking on them is very easy. You will also find most people leave them as is and don't find modifying them necessary. If you haven't already, go to YouTube or the Pit Barrel Cooker website and view their videos. They are very good and provide excellent instructions.
Hopefully I answered your question.
22.5 Crimson Weber Premium
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turker Fryer
LoCo 80qt crawfish kit

Re-homed cookers:
Black Weber OTG (Happy Hapgood)
Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)
Char-griller Akorn
28” Blackstone Pro Series
Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco

Check out the PBC Appreciation Thread!
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210239[/url]

Last edited by AClarke44; 07-22-2015 at 12:00 PM..
AClarke44 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->