January **SPECIAL** "Breakfast for Diesel Dave"(Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Feb 3rd!

Who or what is diesel Dave?

Diesel Dave is a bbq brethren who past away about a month ago. dave loved cooking for veterans. he also was the resident chef of the penalty box.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46200&page=1918

it's a ragtag group of fellas who get together every morning for a virtual breakfast. dave was a beast on the Blackstone there's always plenty of coffee and bacon to go around as long as you get there before Pat.

most of all dave was my friend

d5VE1CGh.jpg

Diesel Dave is a bbq brethren who past away about a month ago. dave loved cooking for veterans. he also was the resident chef of the penalty box.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46200&page=1918

it's a ragtag group of fellas who get together every morning for a virtual breakfast. dave was a beast on the Blackstone there's always plenty of coffee and bacon to go around as long as you get there before Pat.

most of all dave was my friend

d5VE1CGh.jpg
I didn't know that Dave had passed. My condolences to you and his family.

RIP Diesel Dave!

Last edited:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278603
This is the cook thread and this is my entry pic. Western omelette with extra cheese and candied jalapenos added for kick, hash brown patties, biscuits with grape jelly, Applewood smoked bacon and black coffee. I am not much on pictures, but I had to do this for Dave.
attachment.php

breakfast for dave

I really wanted to enter this throwdown but to be honest I don't really eat breakfast. the exception is every Sunday I make breakfast for my baby girl. with the clock running low this morning was now or never so I fired up the pitboss and prepared my breakfast specialty, biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon.

the bacon is important not only because it is required for this TD but the because bacon grease is the key to making the gravy. I started by cooking the bacon and biscuits in the pitboss and then for the first time used the pellet cookers searzone as a burner for my skillet. my gravy is half a lbs of sausage and a few spoons of bacon grease browned well and then a few spoons of flour are cooked in. when it's ready I add a 2 cups of a milk/ half and half mixture and try to get all the pan bits up for maximum flavor.

SF8t3cfh.jpg

Willow loves food and sunday breakfast. she definitely approved of today's offering

DEV7pbih.jpg

like any baby she loves to feed the dog both intentionally and by scraps dropped on the floor. yes she is always this happy

MTTqExTh.jpg

thanks to all who participated in honoring Dave's memory. here is my entry for the breakfast for Diesel Dave throwdown

X9nwNH0h.jpg

Here is my entry into the "Breakfast for Diesel Dave" throwdown.

Last Sunday's breakfast was pulled pork (cooked on the drum smoker) with a couple slices of extra sharp cheddar, two eggs sunny side up with a side of bacon and a cup of black coffee.

Attachments

• Breakfast TD !.jpg
    Breakfast TD !.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 241
OK, folks, that's a wrap. Poll to follow shortly!

Thanks to all who participated in honor of Diesel Dave!

:grouphug:

Back