Mark Twain

R

Roo-B-Q'N

Wrote a book called Huckelberry Fin, in it Tom Sawyer "talked" his friend Huck into whitewashing the fence for him. Around here whenever one or the other talks somebody into doing the majority of the work, we call it Tom Sawayering them. Well we have a friend that Tom Sawyerd me 75 pounds of deer/elk and pork butt

Here is 25 pounds of summer sausage, about 25 pounds of pepperoni sticks and 25 pounds of pepper sticks. Ran the Spicewine and the Backwoods most of the day. Only about 32 degrees today but it was a great day.
IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Sorry, my picture taking aint so good, but the sticks are good and the summer sausage looks awesome.

Just how can we get some of that to me here in Alabama. After the burgers a little more meat shouldn't hurt much. And that Brother looks just awesome!!

So what I'm hearing is Sawyer gave you a long sausage. :biggrin: Heck of a guy. How does it taste?

Dang you need a hose reel for that sausage.:biggrin:
Looks good!

Great looking sausage and sticks Tom. I got a buddy that "Sawyered" me into about 40 lbs of sticks and summer sausage a few weeks back and wants me to do another 40 lbs this coming weekend. I wouldn't mind if he stayed around to help, just the smoking is an all day process!

I hear ya Don,I called the guy to tell him his sticks and sausage was done, and he said he was grinding up 100#'s of Elk. I got off the phone REAL fast.

It isn't all that bad, had a great day doing it, he shares and is a good guy.

Back