Favorite Dip????

greenmountainsmoke

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got the family coming over on Christmas Eve and am gonna put together some apps. Wings for sure, and wanted to make some dip. What are your favorites to make? Thanks in advance!! :thumb:

Buffalo chicken dip....impossible to stop eating it and super easy to make.

-chicken
-wing sauce
-cream cheese
-ranch

Cook the chicken and shred it. Add that and everything else to the slow cooker and let her go a couple hours.

Favorite at my house is smoked trout dip.

I'm not much for cooking from recipes. I started making this several years ago from a recipe I found on-line but I couldn't find it just now. Something close to what I do:

Roughly cut about half a sweet onion and toss it into a food processor. Process until it's a paste. Add the filets without the skin from a smoked trout and begin to process it. Add a couple tablespoons of mayo and sour cream to help it come together. When it's come together toss in some herbs - parsley and/or dill work well - and pulse a few times to chop the herbs. Great on crackers or baguette rounds. Even makes a pretty good sandwich.

Last edited:
"Jerry's Dip"

1- 8oz package cream cheese
3 T milk
1 T mayonnaise
3 squirts worchestershire sauce
1 t lemon juice
1 t horseradish mustard
1 t garlic powder
1 t paprika

Beat with a mixer until light and fluffy - let sit at least two hours before serving.

This is 1970's old school potato chip dip. Large quantities will probably induce a heart attack.

Those all sound great, in fact I'm going to try some of those soon. I had a Czechoslovakian friend come over one time with a spread and some crackers that was unbelievably delicious, I couldn't get enough and I couldn't figure out what was in it. So i asked her the recipe and it was 50% butter and 50% blue cheese, OMG :shock: it is wonderful! Probably not the most health conscious spread, but you have to taste it to believe it.

Buffalo chicken dip....impossible to stop eating it and super easy to make.

-chicken
-wing sauce
-cream cheese
-ranch

Cook the chicken and shred it. Add that and everything else to the slow cooker and let her go a couple hours.
I make this and then place in casserole dish. Top with blue cheese and cook on high heat to brown it just a bit. Broil even.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I usually do a Hot Crab Dip, and a cold Clam dip. Lately my wife has had me making a dill dip in a bread bowl too.
My MIL always makes a pepperoni pizza dip! That's always a hit too.

Those all sound great, in fact I'm going to try some of those soon. I had a Czechoslovakian friend come over one time with a spread and some crackers that was unbelievably delicious, I couldn't get enough and I couldn't figure out what was in it. So i asked her the recipe and it was 50% butter and 50% blue cheese, OMG :shock: it is wonderful! Probably not the most health conscious spread, but you have to taste it to believe it.

They served that same mixture with good bread when I was in Argentina.It was off the chart yummy!

I have a dip recipe from one of my cookbooks - I can't give it proper credit at the moment, but this is approximately it:

Take a cast iron skillet. Pour in two cans of Hormel No Beans Chili. Add one jar of chipotle salsa. Cut a package of Philly Cream Cheese into cubes and scatter around the salsa. Top with 8oz of shredded cheese (sharp cheddar or colby jack). Pour one 2 oz bottle of hot sauce on top (Cholula or Green Tabasco). DO NOT stir or mix ingredients.

Place the skillet on the smoker and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve dip in skillet with tortilla chips.

Here is my go to. It is great! I always smoke it.

Hatch Green Chile*Artichoke Dip

* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
* 1 cup parmesan , grated
* 10 oz canned artichoke hearts, drained, roughly chopped
* 1 cup hatch green chile, roasted, peeled, roughly chopped
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* NEED TO ALSO ADD BACON!!!

Directions:

* Preheat oven to 350. OR PUT IT ON THE SMOKER FOR 1 hours at 275ish.
* In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients except the cilantro and mix until evenly combined.
* Once mixed, pour dip into a small casserole dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is nice and bubbly or one the smoker for an hour
* Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
* Serve with pita chips, fresh veggies, or tortilla chips.

Back