Garnish for Whole Hog?

bluegrass smoke

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Doing whole hog next weekend and I wanted to know what y'all use for garnish for presentation?
thanks!

The competition guys probably have some good ideas for you.

I was weened on whole hog & grew up with it...it's in my veins. Never have I seen a garnished hog at a pig picking.

Hopefully you get some good ideas to dress up your piggie.

The competition guys probably have some good ideas for you.

I was weened on whole hog & grew up with it...it's in my veins. Never have I seen a garnished hog at a pig picking.

Hopefully you get some good ideas to dress up your piggie.

I haven't in the past but the lady is wanting a Hawaiian theme this time sooooo.....

what is the broccoli lookin' stuff that Mryon uses??
We are going to Rest Depot on Sunday and I just wanted to get whatever in bulk

apple yes.... around the outer edge pineapples etc but what is the green stuff people use

The green stuff I see used most are kale leaves I believe. If you're going to do an apple in the mouth, you'll need to stick something in there before cooking to hold the mouth open. If you don't, once cooked, the jaw will break off. Stick an empty, open can in it's mouth or something. After the cook just take it out & insert an apple.

Pineapple around the perimeter is a good idea...as are some sort of flowers (the more tropical looking the better). Orange or lemon halves add to the color scheme as well.

Banana leaves underneath the pig.....green leaf lettuce all around the hog with whole pineapples on each end (2 or 4) ....whole and or sliced apples, whole and or sliced oranges and grapes spread about.

Some big flat leaves underneath and something simple at the ends like a pineapple or two. A complex fancy spread looks good for a photo but gets in the way of you actually plan to eat it.

Back