The *OFFICIAL* Throwdown Photography Tips Thread

Lookin' for advice... Ready to buy a new camera for the fam. Budget tops out at about $300 bucks.

Seriously considering the Fuji HS25EXR but I'm wondering if there are others that I should be looking at that are in the same ballpark... Looked at the Nikon L810 and while the wife would love the red one, I thought the thing was slow, the HS25 however seemed to be very responsive and quick to focus sharply even on fully zoomed shots.

Just looking for other opinions before I buy in the next day or two.

Thanks!

I've got the Nikon L810. I Love It!

4kehcg.jpg

20syr0l.jpg

2rqls41.jpg

Small learning curve for a non-pro like me but it's a good rig.

Good Luck!

Define 'fake'. There is some post processing done, with a touch of sharpening and tilt shift effect, but contrast and saturation/vibrancy are in-camera.

Some festival/fall items.... I am finding hat moving around outside, I switch between wanting a certain shutter speed/priority (1/250 o slower seems to let blue skies show better) and aperture setting/priority to control DOF.

Using a wide open lens (f/1.4) catches the powdered sugar midair:
yga7asez.jpg

Shutter speed of 1/250 or slower lets more fall color show:
3yjaru6y.jpg

And sometimes break the rules:
u8upe9yn.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does anyone know of a good online resource for Adobe Photoshop CS4 tutorials?

Thanks!

I use Kelby Training videos. You will probably find mostly CS5 and CS6 videos now, but CS4 and CS5 are not vastly different.

CD

Soft box, hard box.... whatever it takes. :becky:

But seriously, all I know is that to my highly untrained eye those pictures look farking perfect. :thumb:

Back