MAK delivery! %@#!!! FedEx

SoCalWJS

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Mixed feelings.......

My 2* arrived today!
:whoo:

The FedEx guy was starting to push it towards my driveway and was building up speed to go up the slope just as I was asking if he needed any help. He hit the curb with the pallet jack pretty hard and the whole thing slid off the pallet and onto the sidewalk.

:shock: :doh:

We opened everything up and it LOOKS ok. He made a note of what happened on my delivery receipt.

No time to do much now. Have to leave shortly for a DR appointment, then leaving town.

My bleeping security Camera didn’t catch the actual incident, just us opening the box to inspect. Saved those video clips. The lid rotates up just fine. The box doesn’t even show any damage.

Fingers crossed.

Ouch. Hope everything is intact, working, and free of dents and dings so you can get it fired up and cooking! Fingers crossed along with you.

Even if it's dented oh so slightly the naked eye cannot see it.... you will always know it is there.......:bolt:

Even if it's dented oh so slightly the naked eye cannot see it.... you will always know it is there.......:bolt:

What? This makes zero sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? This makes zero sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps this will help:

dd2BRHwl.png

I have a LSG offset coming and have nightmares after seeing that video where the one brethren's offset almost came off the back of the truck when the delivery guy was moving it to the lift.

What Robb said and I’ll raise him a hunert!

If I’m you?

I have noooo concerns...

I have a LSG offset coming and have nightmares after seeing that video where the one brethren's offset almost came off the back of the truck when the delivery guy was moving it to the lift.

First off Congrats John!! I'm 110% sure you're going to be fine.

And 93, my LSG vertical offset was at risk of falling at 1600lbs and top heavy. It was stuck at the terminal for 3 days because they couldn't find a big enough box truck with a heavy enough lift to deliver it. Eventually they did and my smoker was the only one on there for the driveway drop. Guy unloading was seasoned so it helped but he said stand back in cast the lift fails. He was able to bring it down safely and God forbid if anything had happened there was insurance. :thumb::thumb: Everything else can be fixed or replaced.

Rest assured you're in hand hands with LSG. They've got all ends covered from delivery, crating and down to insurance.

20141024_113301-1.jpg

20141024_113457.jpg

veRQCA-mobg2hgzM0JKYhaaDI9EH2rTpJHRceKWx4xA=w432-h460-no

First off Congrats John!! I'm 110% sure you're going to be fine.

And 93, my LSG vertical offset was at risk of falling at 1600lbs and top heavy. It was stuck at the terminal for 3 days because they couldn't find a big enough box truck with a heavy enough lift to deliver it. Eventually they did and my smoker was the only one on there for the driveway drop. Guy unloading was seasoned so it helped but he said stand back in cast the lift fails. He was able to bring it down safely and God forbid if anything had happened there was insurance. :thumb::thumb: Everything else can be fixed or replaced.

Rest assured you're in hand hands with LSG. They've got all ends covered from delivery, crating and down to insurance.

20141024_113301-1.jpg

20141024_113457.jpg

veRQCA-mobg2hgzM0JKYhaaDI9EH2rTpJHRceKWx4xA=w432-h460-no

That's good to know! Did you have any issues moving that beast around. Did you need to move it across grass at all and if so, how did the plywood work for you? I think mine will be 900lb+.

That's good to know! Did you have any issues moving that beast around. Did you need to move it across grass at all and if so, how did the plywood work for you? I think mine will be 900lb+.

It took me about 8 hours to run it alongside the house to the back yard including uncrating and making makeshift ramps because the side of my house is multilevel. :becky: Yours should be a lot easier to move around but make sure to ask Chris to add a pull handle.

Don't want to derail John's thread. Here's the detailed thread:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199899

I’m with the other MAK owners. MAK packages their grills very well. It’ll be fine. Congrats on the grill!! You’re gonna have a lot of fun with it!!!

Just finished assembly after getting back home - out of town yesterday. Everything “Looks” OK. I’ll plug it in and try to do the initial burn-in process after lunch.
c34437dadba30f864bd71b67ff3edd71.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back