View Single Post
Old 03-14-2020, 02:01 PM   #88
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeRingsMatter View Post
I don't live in, or near Texas, but i strongly advise anyone to avoid large gatherings for at least a 30 days. I am sure my opinion means nothing to those involved, but life is more important then pleasure. Keep in mind, people will travel from all parts of the world, and incubation period is 14 days with no signs of infection.
I appreciate your concern for everyone's health and safety!

So far, mortality rates versus the common flu are not different enough based on available RELIABLE data to cause me greater concern than I had for the flu which kills thousands every year. Being a relatively healthy middle-aged male in rural East Texas means my personal risk level is relatively low as I don't have people coming and going from my property routinely.

If you are not in one of the affected high-risk groups, I think the MEDIA's sensationalism and unrelenting focus is blowing things out of proportion. When someone finds all the hand sanitizer gone from their local store, all of sudden the two or three bottles at home must not be enough so they buy more causing more shortages. With the absolutely crazy line at the grocery stores here in my local rural East Texas area, you would think an impending famine was coming.

How many DOZEN EGGS does an elderly couple need? Should you really freak out because the lady ahead of you got the last two boxes of ANTIBACTERIAL KLEENEX at the grocery store for almost $9 a box!

People should make an informed choice with reasonable factual data and statistics. Panic buying and scare tactics are bad. If people where hoarding batteries, generators, and gas cans you would almost think it was Y2K again in some areas!

For the lady in line ahead of me at the grocery store, spraying your cartons of eggs, kleenex boxes, and steel cans of oven cleaner, I wish you well ... And yes, you can boil tap water AND bottled water!?!? Really, boiling bottled water for drinking!

Thanks from: --->