You're All Invited to The 2020 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash on 3-21-2020

This needs a little bump!

Reservations made for the trip out and back! Get to see our grand in Ft Worth, spend some time with a great bunch of Brethern, and Mike, see old friends and make some new! Can't wait! Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

March is typically my busiest time of the year for business travel, UNTIL CORONAVIRUS!!!

All of my travel/conferences for the next two months as of today have been cancelled, so I may need to come hang out with you fine folks!!!

It's been three year's since the last one I attended, and my GSD puppy I brought last time is now a 92 pound monster with an appreciation for the finer points of BBQ.

March is typically my busiest time of the year for business travel, UNTIL CORONAVIRUS!!!

All of my travel/conferences for the next two months as of today have been cancelled, so I may need to come hang out with you fine folks!!!

It's been three year's since the last one I attended, and my GSD puppy I brought last time is now a 92 pound monster with an appreciation for the finer points of BBQ.

I'll bring the Purell! Come on down! :laugh:

So, pretty much if the parking lot is not under 6' of water, I'll see you at the Bash!
P.S bring your own TP!! :mrgreen:

We poured tequila shots in glasses instead of drinking out of the Cabo bottle the year Ebola was in Dallas. I remember peeps suggesting it.

Can't recall the year but Bill and Jo flew down for it.

Now I gotta look it up.

I think Solo has some nice red ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received this from our friends at Texas State Parks:
(Iā€™ll have the permit)

Texas State Parks Visitors,

We appreciate your loyalty and trust. With the uncertain and evolving health situation in the U.S., our highest priority is the health and well-being of our visitors, volunteers and employees.

Texas State Parks are open, and our staff is ready to welcome you for the day or for overnight stays. Outdoor spaces are well suited to increased social distance, but we still must remain diligent in taking steps to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible.

Hereā€™s how you can help:
Print your day-use and camping permits before your visit to a state park. You can even print permits for reservations made through the call center. This will help reduce or eliminate time spent in the park office to check in. Simply log in to your account and select ā€œPre-Registration & Site Permitsā€ for camping reservations, or ā€œPrint Tickets & Daily Entranceā€ for day use. Then follow instructions on the page. Please note that it takes up to 24 hours for new camping reservations to be available for at-home printing.

Pack extra soap or hand sanitizer. Park restrooms have soap or hand sanitizer. However, due to increased use or at remote locations, soap or sanitizer may not always be available.

If you have been sick in the last two weeks, please stay at home for your health and the safety of others.

Additional information on best practices for keeping you and your family safe can be found online at the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Hereā€™s what we are doing:
If you feel cancelling your stay is the safest choice, we will waive cancellation fees for visits in March. To cancel without fees, contact our Customer Service Center at (512) 389-8900 or email customer service.

We are implementing additional cleaning procedures, such as cleaning restrooms and other public areas more often.

We are monitoring the situation. We promise to remain diligent and intentional in protecting you and making your visit a great experience.

Please visit our website for more information and our latest updates.

Sincerely,

Rodney Franklin
Rodney Franklin
Texas State Parks Director

I don't live in, or near Texas, but i strongly advise anyone to avoid large gatherings for at least a 30 days. I am sure my opinion means nothing to those involved, but life is more important then pleasure. Keep in mind, people will travel from all parts of the world, and incubation period is 14 days with no signs of infection.

I don't live in, or near Texas, but i strongly advise anyone to avoid large gatherings for at least a 30 days. I am sure my opinion means nothing to those involved, but life is more important then pleasure. Keep in mind, people will travel from all parts of the world, and incubation period is 14 days with no signs of infection.

Thanks for your concerns.
Iā€™ll be there and the Shirley will be rolling. Each of us can make the choice to attend or not. I just believe the risk is extremely low given the location and mostly I have faith that if someone is sick they will do the right thing and stay home. I trust the Brethen.

Thanks for your concerns.
Iā€™ll be there and the Shirley will be rolling. Each of us can make the choice to attend or not. I just believe the risk is extremely low given the location and mostly I have faith that if someone is sick they will do the right thing and stay home. I trust the Brethen.

I speak strictly for me but I've had 63 trips around the sun. This current stuff has not changed my day to day in any way. I've seen much worse. As long as my Compadres are willing I'll be there. Looking forward to it! :thumb:

If you don't attend the 2020 BBQ Brethren Texas Spring Bash... The terrorists win. And yes, I'm looking into coming down to Texas.

My daily routine didn't change after 9/11 and it won't change now. Just be sensible in what you do and WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS!

And to everyone that is stockpiling toilet paper, bottled water & tortillas of all things. I hope you are also stockpiling condoms, because the sane people in this world do not want you to reproduce.

If you don't attend the 2020 BBQ Brethren Texas Spring Bash... The terrorists win. And yes, I'm looking into coming down to Texas.

My daily routine didn't change after 9/11 and it won't change now. Just be sensible in what you do and WASH YOUR DAMN HANDS!

And to everyone that is stockpiling toilet paper, bottled water & tortillas of all things. I hope you are also stockpiling condoms, because the sane people in this world do not want you to reproduce.

Bring Bubba šŸ˜·

OyBQTLV.png

I speak strictly for me but I've had 63 trips around the sun. This current stuff has not changed my day to day in any way. I've seen much worse. As long as my Compadres are willing I'll be there. Looking forward to it! :thumb:

I guess you avoided the point that the incubation period is 14 days. That means, people who feel or show no signs of the covid-19, could have , and spread it. But, by all means, have fun.

I guess you avoided the point that the incubation period is 14 days. That means, people who feel or show no signs of the covid-19, could have , and spread it. But, by all means, have fun.

Yes, we will. Any chance to get together with the Brethren is a good day. And you have fun as well, cooped up in your house with 100 rolls of toilet paper and the window shades rolled down. When are you ever going to be able to venture out of the house? I mean, if you head to the store for more toilet paper, you'll have to quarantine yourself for another 14 days, because you could have caught it and I'm sure you wouldn't want to spread the dreaded Corona... :noidea:

Back