• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hot-Mess Skirt Steak Smoked Salad

Melissaredhead

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Keyport, NJ...via Soulard,MO via Missouri farmland
Ok. Here we go.
This is my reversed-seared (I'm an addict now!) skirt steak with smoked romain lettuce, zucchini and grape tomatoes.
I know yer supposed to reverse sear thick cut and big hunks of meat, but I wanted to see if the reverse sear method would work with the king of quick cooking meats.
It took a lot of attention and fire focus but it totally works and is awesome!
Not to mention I beef-love basted it too! :bounce:

I used my espresso steak rub on the steak and smoked it on cherry and pecan. I didn't take IT because it's a skirt. Gotta go by feel really.

The zucchini and romaine lettuce were seasoned with what goes on an 'everything bagel.' Oh yeah!

I actually put everything on at the same time to allow the veg and meat go to smokey flavor town. Then I direct seared the meat and let it rest while I seared off the veg.

I served a southwest chipotle ranch dressing and used Asiago cheese crisps as the crouton.

The end result looks like a hot mess but man! It was deliciously smoky, charred sweet, savory and crunchy.

Enjoy...

Espresso rub

Ever have an everything bagel...well I used that on my veg!��

Smoking the lettuce first lends to grilling without burning later.

I know some don't like a pink steak >coughsmittycough< but this was WONDERFUL!

I know some don't like a rare medium rare steak but you could just let it hang over the coals longer. It was juicy and and sent my taste buds to favor town.

Thanks fer lookin. Oh and beef love will save the world!

Last edited:
That looks awesome If you like blue chees grilled romaine with blue cheese crumbles is excellent Hope you enter that in the Veg TD

Looks delicious, but I'm told that's not considered a steak in these parts. Perhaps you're thinking of the veggie TD? :noidea:

smiley-angry009.gif
:mad2: :mad: :tsk:

:laugh:

That looks outstanding. Your photos are so fantastic that I can almost smell it just through the visualization. Care to share your Espresso Steak Rub at all, this has me intrigued.

Great looking salad Melissa!!

Back