Birthday party for my Mom

RNF

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Today is my mother's 83rd birthday and I usually take her out to eat but this time I asked her if she would like to have a party at home. At first she said lets go out and was but after she thought about it a couple of days she called and told me she wanted a party.

This morning I was up starting the fire at 3:20 AM and put two briskets on at 5:AM. Around 11 I will add three sets of spare ribs and then a turkey in the Big Easy around 1: PM.

Sides will be Kari's hog apple baked beans, potato salad, mac n cheese, collard greens and a slaw.

Briskets seasoned and ready to add to the smoker.
IGraSEt.jpg

Ribs that will go on later.
INnq2op.jpg

And the turkey injected and seasoned.
YlVocJr.jpg

You've got quite the celebration ahead!

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

• Thanks
Reactions: RNF
Nothing like cooking for a loved one. Happy birthday to your mom and may she have many ( healthy) more!

• Thanks
What a great way to celebrate! Belated Happy Birthday to your mom. The food looks fantastic!

• Thanks
Thank you for the inspiration. My my mom has passed but my dad will also be 83 on his next birthday and I think I too will do a cookout. Your cookout looks awesome and I hope your mom had a Happy Birthday.

Yes! Looks like a fine group of folks to celebrate.

If anyone left the party hungry, they sure had to work at it!

Thanks for taking us along with you.

• Thanks
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, it was a good night. Mom was still talking about it this morning.

You Sir are a good Son raised by a good Family. All looks Great and the look on Mom's face says it all. Happy Birthday to her and Merry Christmas to all!

• Thanks
Back