Roger Wood spicy hot "Lumber Jack" smoked sausage.

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Made in Savannah Ga although I don't remember it while visiting there, if you run across it I'd recommend giving it a try.

E8ANslW.jpg

Toasted Brotchen to use as Buns

keVA1lk.jpg

One with a Claussen dill, Mustard and Boar's Head Horseradish Grated In Vinegar (love the Boar's Head Horseradish), the other Mustard and Pepperoncini.

47xoczu.jpg

Looks great for a quick easy meal. How hot are they?
It's hard to say because we all have our own ideas of what is spicy and what is not, they aren't burn your arse hot but they have nice little bite imo and I thought they were tasty enough to share.

Yum! Looks mighty fine Kevin. I like the sound of your toppings too!

I grew up in a little town just north of Savannah, so I know a little something about them. I have to say I have never enjoyed eating them. The flavor is ok, but no matter how you cook them, the texture of the meat is awful! I got turned on to Earl Campbell's Hot Links a couple years ago & they are head and shoulders better than Roger Wood. But if anyone near Omaha just has to have Roger Wood, I go home every Christmas & would be happy to bring some back.

I was there '87 to '93. Loved walking down the street and getting a hot brat on a brotchen from a little stand on the side of the road.

But, my favorite had to be going to the fests every weekend, drinking the cold beer, and getting a (usually several) schwenkbraten or schwenksteak (different name depending on where you were) on a brotchen mit senf (spicy mustard). Fatty grilled pork that was tender and juicy. :hungry:

I have tried to duplicate that so many times, and failed miserably. I can find a pretty close copy of the marinade / rub, but the cut of meat (pork) still remains a mystery. I tried loins and it was way too lean. Now that I think about it, it could be sliced boneless butt. :shocked:

Awesome!

Just the way I like them... well sans the pickles. :)

Back