Shaggy does a pig!

Well done You nailed it While the others had their meals you guys ate the best parts Nice tray You do have great wood working skills

awesome cook, that pig looks great!

When you probed, were you going through the skin, or did you have to slit the skin and then probe?

Awesome Cook Matt - You can tell it was good time for everyone!

That is a nice color on that whole hog. Looks like you had a grand time prepping and cooking. Whole hog is not just a meal but a festival. Thanks for sharing

Fantastic looking Pig, thanks for sharing your cook.

Thanks everyone! It was a blast. Already want to do another. Paul, you make a killer hog cooking machine. I can't wait to see yours.

Whole hog is not just a meal but a festival.

you hit the nail on the head. Last year I did an insane spread. Tons of work. This was 10x easier, and the sheer spectacle of it really turns things up a notch. All the guests were wowed.

Well done! That pig looks perfect. I think I would have eaten myself into a pork coma.

You nailed it Shaggy. Petunia was delicious! And I rather like your Carolina dipping sauce, so you'll have to share that. Glad to be a part of such a great cook!

Couldn't have happened without you, brother. Really appreciate all your help.

Here's the sauce. It's out of the BBQ bible. I've tried some others but I really like this one best -

2 cups cider vinegar
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup + 2 tbls ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar or more to taste
5 teaspoons salt or more to taste
4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper

Mix it all up in a ball jar and you're good to go

Back