View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #6
travismagee
On the road to being a farker

I am building a cabinet smoker for a restaurant right now who currently use Ole Hickory's and Southern Prides. They are switching over to all wood/charcoal due to the flavor.

But here is the kicker. They do not have an overnight pit master and do not want to hire one. So I developed a way to cook on our Big M's where you can stick burn all day and set up for 8+ unattended overnight cooks.

Our smokers are all wood burning and can have a thermostat controlled solenoid to control firebox airflow for long cooks. The cookers are insulated and you can easily run up to 4 or 5 hours with only one load of wood. This works great and saves a ton of wood over a long period of time, but this customer wants to cook at least 7 to 8 hours unattended.

I came up with a very easy overnight cooking method on our Big M's. You can run the Big M all day long as a traditional stick burner while you have the manpower to feed it. For overnight 8 hour or longer cooks, we developed a charcoal/wood basket that you load in and drop a Flame Boss with 3 fans over the intake. You can still put 1 or 2 full size splits of wood in the basket for 8+ hour cook.

So now you get the best of both worlds without losing quality of flavor in cookers than can handle 20 to 32 briskets at a time.

I would definitely look into our smokers if this is something you are trying to achieve.

mgrills.com

Thanks from:--->