Kingsford Competition charcoal briquets at Costco for $12.99

M

Marsha

I haven't posted much lately, but thought I would share this. I looked and didn't see this posted already, and I am tired and have worked a lot of overtime lately so I could just be clueless. Apologies if it is a repeat...

Hey there fellow bbq folks, I found a 2 bag pkg of Kingsford Competition charcoal briquets at Costco for $12.99 today. For that price I figured I better pick some up. This will our first time to try their new product. Hope they live up to the marketing.

I wonder if they have the 30 price guarantee. I just paid $16.79 last week.

$13.39 for a 2 pack of 12.5lb bags at Costco here north of Detroit.

I picked up a 2-15lb bag pack at walmart 2 days ago for 10.59 or so.

I got a 12lb bag at Home Depot today for $8.79, I am going to give it a try tomorrow (Friday)!!

Good info- I paid the $16.99 last week as well. Will see if they will re-imburse the new difference.

Ok, I have the WSM fired up with the new Kingsford Comp Blend. My initial observations are: There is really no smell when lighting, it is ready much quicker than most briqs. I unofficially observed 10 minutes from lighting to ashed over with 3/4 of a chimney.

Here is a pic in the chimney:
IMG_0018.jpg

Here is the butt all rubbed up and ready for the WSM:
IMG_0014.jpg

Well Mike, looks like we'll be having a nice sunny day for you to try the Kingsford Comp Blend out.

Picked up the two-bag pack yesterday at Costco for $12.99...along with a pair of jeans for $12.99 and two racks of spares and two racks of loin back ribs! Have other fuel to use up before comp briqs but will get to them pretty soon.

I hope Sam's starts carrying this too. I don't want 2 memberships, eliminates a lot of the cost-effectiveness.

Back