View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #87
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddweatherholtz View Post
2. Get another, or a bigger fryer as you will be doing a lot of fries, onion rings, buffalo wings, and maybe even catfish and chicken. There is nothing worse than bogging down a small fryer with too much food as everything will end up greasy and your oil will be dirty.

Amen to that! Nothing worse than dirty oil, and then over using the fryer and not letting it get back to temp. Some of the small fryers can take 5 min to get back to 350 after being used for 8-10 min.
It looks like the fryer is a full size one. It is on the right side of the flat top. I thought it was the thing on the left and then looked closer and that is a grill.

This is my thought on having a fryer. I hate them. I don't like cleaning them. They make for a bigger mess everywhere. More maintenance on other equipment like your hood filters. I think they can lead to complacency in your kitchen. Like adding a new item to the menu. What can we put in the fryer? No thought, just get something from your distributor and sell it. I am probably in the minority on this but it is something to think about. I do not have a fryer in my restaurant and will resist on getting one as long as possible. I have potato chips, no french fries.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->