View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #77
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

You know, I've read this thread three or four times over the last couple of years . . . and it's a good one. That's why I keep coming back to it.

Now that I am finishing up my second 'season' of judging, I feel compelled to add my two cents here.

There is no way . . . no way AT ALL . . . for a judge in a KCBS sanctioned event to tell whose BBQ they are judging. Now, with that said, yes. I DO seem to 'recognize' some of the entries. The entries I do 'recognize' are certainly unique - and they are some of the best BBQ I've ever imagined possible. But do I have any idea, specifically, who that entry belongs to? No way.

AND

I cannot imagine even beginning to think about being a serious BBQ competitor without having judged, as the Grand Pubah says, at least five or six competitions.

The entire reason I even started judging was because I realized that we (HawgsNHeifers) had no idea what "IT" was that we were shooting for. Now I know. And our scores have gone downhill ever since! Yes, that's true - but we are adjusting with our new found knowledge.

Some people play golf for a hobby. Some people take their boats out to the lake. I judge BBQ and I take that very seriously.
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.

Last edited by QansasjayhawQ; 10-07-2009 at 11:51 PM..
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->