• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Is this Pit worth $4,000?

Brewmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have never really shopped around for large pits to know if this is a good deal or not.

This is a 4 rack rotisserie with stainless steel shelves. Each rack is 14" x 60". The firebox is across the whole back has one leaver to operate the air intake.

CAROSSELGRILL1.jpg

CAROSSELGRILL3.jpg

CAROSSELGRILL.jpg

Looks like the meat mama 3000 that funk made,I bet he would know who makes them.I think he made his similar to this one.

I think that is a great looking pit. I would think if they have a track record locally, it is worth the money.

*IF* you are looking to buy a brand new pit locally, I would consider D Tillery at www.mrcustomsteel.com. I've seen his work and it's nice, even building this type of pit with the rear located firebox. I've not seen him use rotisseries though. Not trying to say anything bad about Region Welding, but it's always good to have options to compare.

dmp

It's on a trailer and has a rotisserie. If it cooks well, then I'd say yes. Then again, if it doesn't cook well then it's not even worth the time you've already spent contemplating the decision.

Regardless of it's worth, you already know to NOT offer him full asking price...right? :)

Ask to take it for a test drive. Thats the only way you can tell how it cooks! Just my 2 cents worth!!!
Terry

Yes Yes and Yes looks like a great deal hte rotisery is worth it alone...... my pit is that big but I ahve no rotiserie. I say if you can use it and it will make its money back do it

Tell your boss to buy it for 4k and then when he realizes he doesn't use it enough in a year or so you can buy it for 2k.

I would say since it is used, he should allow you a demo cook. $4K can get you alot of cooker... so I would think it seems a little steep. You can get a brand new bonanza deluxe (trailer, w/dbl door firebox, and wood box on front of trailer.) 4 tray rotisserie pit for less than $4k.... so do a little shopping first. Lots of options in that price range.

I ****ing love this mother ****ing cool **** ****ing design.

I stole my design when Southern Yankee was abandoning the round desgn (I think because one of their workers set up a new company,now defunct, Austin National Smokers. Austin kept the round design and and Southern Yankee adopted a new hexagonal type design.

I love the LOOKS of my design but would have liked a firebox that was thicker and like this. I can't see where the air inlets are BUT with what SYBBQ pits cost USED 4 G looks like a good price.

A few other comments, the son of a bitching ****ing ash dump I ****ing love like a mother ****er. Stupid place for a therm so youll need to buy a ****ing ashcroft 5 inch ****ing gaugue and weld a 1/2 insert happy assed **** on.

I have never really shopped around for large pits to know if this is a good deal or not.

This is a 4 rack rotisserie with stainless steel shelves. Each rack is 14" x 60". The firebox is across the whole back has one leaver to operate the air intake.

CAROSSELGRILL1.jpg

CAROSSELGRILL3.jpg

CAROSSELGRILL.jpg

my meat mama sans shelf the day I painted it long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back