• 2.0 better features but not designed for 26. $99 new

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Skip them both and use Weber charcoal baskets for $16

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Quickly. Time is of the essence. I have a chance to get a used sns xl for $135. It will only fit my 26. They don’t make them anymore and this could be last chance to get one.

However. Adrenaline Bbq is making a 2.0 version they say can be used in both 26 and 22 although it doesn’t fit the contour of the 26 and is smaller than the XL.

Lastly the 2.0 has some new ‘features’. Rivets instead of welds, different grate cutout which they say makes the ash process better for longer burns. Plus it has a removable water channel. All for $99 delivered.

So. Xl or 2.0

I recently bought a 2.0. My buddy wanted an XL. Like you said, they no longer make them and the only one available was the used one you wanted to bid on. That being said, the 2.0 will work fine except for the longest of cooks.

My computer was acting up earlier so I consulte reply but I vote XL

I'm biased because I already have the old SNS designed for the 26" kettle. Every time I pick it up and feel the eight-plus pounds of heft I think "This was worth it".

I use it for a lot of different things in the kettle besides what its designed for. Sometimes when I'm reverse searing a lot of meat I will use the SNS to smoke a bunch of steaks with a small amount of charcoal, then build a huge fire and use the SNS with no charcoal to create a cool zone.

It adds some thermal mass which I think helps with heat retention. I rarely use it with water, mostly because I forget it has a built-in channel!

Back