Shirley warmer temps

Florida Q

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm currently shopping for my first quality smoker and the Shirley 24x42 is top of my list. Does anyone know the temperature difference between the cook chamber and warmer? I'm trying to decide if i need/want the warmer option and what i could use it for. Is it low enough to cold smoke some things while the brisket cooks? So far i've spent more time researching smokers than I did my car so I appreciate any advice you can offer.

On my 24x55 with insulated fb my warmer runs 150-160 when I have the main cook chamber at 300. With regular fb it runs 200ish. You can open the exhaust on the warner and get the temp to go down.

I've been accused, cough cough wife, of buying toys with the most lights and buttons. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it again. :grin: Or if I was I had a good reason.

I've been accused, cough cough wife, of buying toys with the most lights and buttons. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing it again. :grin: Or if I was I had a good reason.

That's a common, highly contagious disease around here.

I use mine often..i have the damper and the main chamber damper and can operate the warmer and cook chamber at any temp i need....i usually do chicken and brisket in main chamber at 300 degrees along with ribs in the warmer at 250-275 degrees.....or its great just to cook in just the warmer for smaller cooks

Last edited:
The al pastor looks soooooo good! Can you explain the shagstone? I'm curious to see your whole cooker now!

I would get the warmer for sure. I do a lot of grilling in the warmer, and it is great to warm splits up in the winter.

Back