• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kitchen Ideas

cynfulsmokersbbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Getting ready to build our Catering Kitchen. Plan to build a Metal building. I'm currently working on the size of the building I want. I am open to suggestions.
Also, Does anyone have any lay-out plans they can share.

Thanks in Advance.

Beef up electrical outlets and as many as you can have in various placed. Good hood system, be aware that these things are hi-tech complicated and heavy to install. I purchased one from on online source new for $3500 and thought I'd install it myself. Once it came in I said no way am I installing this (and I have 30 years experience as an auto mechanic) so I searched to find an installer, there is only one within 2 hours of me and they charged me $5000 to install it excluding any fire suppression which is another $3500. Get huge 3 bay sinks (the best move I made), Run a water line over your stove for a pot filler. Tons of lighting so it's bright. Make sure the floor drain is located where water will funnel to it. Buy the largest stainless table that will fit. I have a 9 footer and wouldn't get smaller. I have a Bakers Pride convection oven and love it. Just be aware of how quickly costs can rise. I started my kitchen sectioning off 500 sq feet of space in an existing building and thought I'd spend $32,000. Once the project was done it came in close to $75,000.

Install extra wide or roll up door - Easier for loading, unloading, etc. Also easier to get equipment through. If you're pouring a floor, put in a floor safe. Make sure you have adequate freezer/walk in space. A blast chiller is a great thing to have, too.

Back