• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

400 degree brisket

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is the continuation of the Harry Soo video where we focused on setting up the cooker and the actual cook itself. You know it's kinda funny. That day was so chaotic and we were shooting for 5 different channels. You combine that with the fact that Harry talks pretty fast and we had 3 different projects going at once and I really didn't appreciate how MUCH great info Harry was putting into the videos. He covered all the bases really well.

Just to add some more info based on some feedback I got last time. This video shows how we set up the cooker, lit it, managed the cook, foiled, etc. It's also not as long as it seems because a good percentage of the video is him answering questions about how he ended up on pit masters, his life, and some of the pet projects he is working on.

https://youtu.be/hSEI1mc97Ss

On a personal note, I want to thank you guys for the support you've shown me over the last 2.5 years. This whole "Harry Soo" thing very surreal to me. To go from him being a guy a admired on TV to a friend I could reach out to with a BBQ question is incredibly humbling. I have no delusions about why that's happened and it's because of the support I've gotten. The brethren have supported me since the beginning. Thank you.

Fantastic video! Didn’t realize what an amazing human Harry is until this video... love the guy and what he stands for! :)

Keep up the great work Justin!

One of your best yet Justin! Agree that you've got to love Harry!

I did learn a new trick for cooking brisket hot and fast on the WSM: "if you're not turnin', you're burnin'"

Good job on the video Justin, that covered some good info.

Did he have time to take a shower or did he get on the plane smelling like a brisket smokehouse? LOL!

Again, excellent video from someone who never expects to cook another brisket by choice. I learned things that apply to many meats, and was entertained at the same time.

Great video as always. Question for ya if you don't mind...
In the video, when you guys are rotating the grill a bunch, the smoke looks like it's white and pillowing or if it just me? I'm still learning TBS. The wsm in the back appeared to have tbs while the one in front has a lot of white smoke.. thoughts? Thanks a bunch in advance.
BTW I love all the videos and what you and Harry do for BBQ in general.

Justin, You just keep knocking it out of the park Man! Most Excellent! Thanks for another Great video and Thanks to the other Youtube folks and Harry Soo!

Great video as always. Question for ya if you don't mind...
In the video, when you guys are rotating the grill a bunch, the smoke looks like it's white and pillowing or if it just me? I'm still learning TBS. The wsm in the back appeared to have tbs while the one in front has a lot of white smoke.. thoughts? Thanks a bunch in advance.
BTW I love all the videos and what you and Harry do for BBQ in general.

Yeah it’s steam. Hairy spray down the briskets frequently to prevent any kind a grease fire. He mentioned it but sometimes it’s hard to hear things he says because he says so much. LOL. Good question

Great video. My biggest problem with the H&F technique you showed is the PITA FACTOR. Y’all handled the brisket every 15 min for a couple of hours. I can put a packer on my WSM and cook it for 12+ hours (hit the golf course, sleep, etc) and work less. That kinda bugs me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gotta remember this is a comp cook. At home I've cooked at 400 and only touched it to put it on, check, wrap and pull. But that was in an insulated cabinet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing another outstanding video Justin.

Great video. My biggest problem with the H&F technique you showed is the PITA FACTOR. Y’all handled the brisket every 15 min for a couple of hours. I can put a packer on my WSM and cook it for 12+ hours (hit the golf course, sleep, etc) and work less. That kinda bugs me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I understand that. Like PjTexas1 said, this is a competition method. I like the laid back approach too.

Thank You. I really enjoyed the video. What a grand day on the patio.

I learned a “new to me” wrap method.

This is the continuation of the Harry Soo video where we focused on setting up the cooker and the actual cook itself. You know it's kinda funny. That day was so chaotic and we were shooting for 5 different channels. You combine that with the fact that Harry talks pretty fast and we had 3 different projects going at once and I really didn't appreciate how MUCH great info Harry was putting into the videos. He covered all the bases really well.

Just to add some more info based on some feedback I got last time. This video shows how we set up the cooker, lit it, managed the cook, foiled, etc. It's also not as long as it seems because a good percentage of the video is him answering questions about how he ended up on pit masters, his life, and some of the pet projects he is working on.

https://youtu.be/hSEI1mc97Ss

On a personal note, I want to thank you guys for the support you've shown me over the last 2.5 years. This whole "Harry Soo" thing very surreal to me. To go from him being a guy a admired on TV to a friend I could reach out to with a BBQ question is incredibly humbling. I have no delusions about why that's happened and it's because of the support I've gotten. The brethren have supported me since the beginning. Thank you.

As a guy with a small new BBQ channel, I look up to guys like you in the same way you look up to guys like Harry. So thanks for not forgetting about a time when you were a new channel, and for giving back and helping guys like me. I greatly appreciate it, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that, Justin.

Back