We need a Select grade brisket Throw Down

On the smoker. I may or may not have broken my thumb and dropped the brisket on the ground because my smoker was apparently off level and the lid fell. Washed and reseasoned. Sorry Smitty, but the Atkins was lost in the shuffle.

On the smoker. I may or may not have broken my thumb and dropped the brisket on the ground because my smoker was apparently off level and the lid fell. Washed and reseasoned. Sorry Smitty, but the Atkins was lost in the shuffle.

OUCH!!!! I hope your thumb is gonna be ok. If it starts turning black and blue then it is probably broken. And good luck with the brisket.

I will start mine Saturday. Did you get a pic of brisket still in cryovac pak to submit your entry? Must show "select" grade and date.
Hope yer thumbs ok

Larry

Thanks guys. I think it's going to be ok. Hurts a bit but I've had worse. If it's unbearable tomorrow I'll hit up urgent Care.

And yup, got a pic in the package.

Ok I am in lol. Went to grab some whole chickens on sale, saw the select brisket and grabbed it.

Attachments

• E01F8EA1-E8AE-45D4-B282-89FB62504C3D.jpg
    E01F8EA1-E8AE-45D4-B282-89FB62504C3D.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 161852DD-E099-4B37-8683-95D02B8C0E7E.jpg
    161852DD-E099-4B37-8683-95D02B8C0E7E.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 120
When is the throwdown over? I’d like to do this but this weekend is a little late notice.

When is the throwdown over? I’d like to do this but this weekend is a little late notice.
It sounds more like a bunch of guys cooking briskets than a real TD. Lots of fun! Probably more entertaining too. :heh: I don't even know if it has started.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's a serious party foul right there.

I was kind of hoping Moose turned it into an actual Throw Down but I guess those Cali boys are too busy with their tri-tips.

It sounds more like a bunch of guys cooking briskets than a real TD. Lots of fun! Probably more entertaining too. :heh: I don't even know if it has started.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

as the rules committee chairman you need to stay on top of that kind of stuff Paul
oh, it's started alright :)
it can run indefinitely, or till the end of February, which ever comes first

Larry

My entry.
Going to cook Hot n Fast @275-325 with a rub down of olive oil and SuckleBusters 1836 with a little extra garlic and minced onions.
will separate the point for burnt ends

Larry

IMG_1919_zpsqfubygds.jpg

IMG_1918_zpszagvjx4e.jpg

Last edited:
My entry.
Going to cook Hot n Fast @275-325 with a rub down of olive oil and SuckleBusters 1836 with a little extra garlic and minced onions.
will separate the point for burnt ends

Larry

IMG_1919_zpsqfubygds.jpg

IMG_1918_zpszagvjx4e.jpg

What the fark! I was looking at the optional instructions. It's gotta be a automatic DQ if you marinade it in liquid smoke?

Has anyone ever tried the optional cooking instructions? Just curious...

You see it on the food channel quite often.

Looking at the contestants, we might as well just call it the Texas Brisket Bash.

Back