Wright Brand Bacon

eagle697

is one Smokin' Farker
I just have to say, i love bacon. No really, I LOVE bacon, all kinds. I have never seen a piece of bacon i didn't like. While i have had some brands i like more than others, i have always considered bacon to be like a lot of other things ( ie pizza, beer, etc.) even when it;s bad, it's good. The other night, i made a batch of pig candy with some wright brand bacon we had purchased months ago that had been in the freezer, it was GREAT! I had never had WB before, but rest assured i will again. If you have never tried it, do yourself a favor and try. Nice, smokey flavor in thick slices. I don't see how it could get any better. Can't believe i have gone my whole life and never had bacon this good before.

+2 my favorite bacon as well!! The stuff is awesome

Mike

Wow! This could be just the inspiration I need to do side by side taste tests of every kind of bacon to find the best one! It will be MAGNIFICENT!:cool:

I guess I'm failing to see how bacon could make it that long in the freezer? Mine seems to jump right out and into the pan...

Good stuff but their radio commercials turn me off. Also more expensive around here than some of the locally-based brands I personally like just as well...

I agree. Local Sam's club carry's it. I don't think it's too expensive considering it's fabulous stuff!

I used to buy WB when it was Apple wood smoked, now it is labled as "hard wood' smoked... and straight up Apple is unavailable.

Did America run out of Apple wood???

I used to buy my Apple at Wally's also and then they switched to 'hard wood'. I guess I will have to look again... I quit buying it when they switched... I agree the Apple wood is fantastic stuff. I was crushed when it wasn't available anymore.

Back