When in Texas--Sausage

Robert

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So, I'm going to be in Denton, Texas this weekend. Anyone have an idea if the crowd favorites of Opa, Slovacek, Belleville etc are available at any of the local grocery chains in Denton? Looks like HEB is about 50 miles south so probably won't be getting close to HEB.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

So, I'm going to be in Denton, Texas this weekend. Anyone have an idea if the crowd favorites of Opa, Slovacek, Belleville etc are available at any of the local grocery chains in Denton? Looks like HEB is about 50 miles south so probably won't be getting close to HEB.

Thanks in advance.

Robert

My local Market Street United has Opa's. A shorter detour, for you, to their McKinney location might work. Some DFW Sam's stock Slovacek sausage.

Slovacek Garlic. Imho light years ahead of their other offerings. I seldom buy their pork beef or jalapeño. Garlic, I’ll buy 10#

I’ve never seen their Garlic nearby. Only in Central Texas.

Slovacek Garlic. Imho light years ahead of their other offerings. I seldom buy their pork beef or jalapeño. Garlic, I’ll buy 10#

I’ve never seen their Garlic nearby. Only in Central Texas.

You might like the Monterrey Jack/Garlic combo my Sam's has had the las 18 months or so.

Because of all the recent discussion of great Texas sausage, I ordered some from Opa's - and tried the Jalapeno with Cheese sausage tonight for dinner - VERY tasty! My thanks to those of you that recommended them. I have a couple other varieties to sample over the next few weeks as well. Looking forward to it!

Love Chapel Hill sausage which is in every Kroger around here, and there is a big Sam's Club in Denton off of Hwy 380 and I-35 for Slovacek sausage.

Just north of Denton in Muenster Texas there's Fischer's Meat Market. Old school Texas/German butcher shop with twenty-plus varieties of sausage. http://www.fischersmeatmarket.com/index.html

I haven't chimed in on sausage till now but there is a place about 6 miles South of me that makes some of the best around here. Located in Stonewall La. called Down Home Sausage.

Available locally and in the area. It's all we use.

https://downhomemeatsinc.com/

Back