High Plains Wings - Thai & Korean Edition

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Good things ahead.

srlAqhbh.jpg

Time to get busy on the Thai Green Curry Sauce.

Broke out one of my few packets of curry paste left from a visit to Udon Thani, Thailand in 2014.

zStavhwh.jpg

Spread this across a skillet on med-low and sizzled slowly for a while - don't burn, just warm a little.

Added a can of Coconut Cream. This is a whole mess of liquid, but we'll work on that.

Stirred it through, and tasted - yep, it needs lime to balance things out, so I added 5 Tbsp lime juice (just like I did on the red curry sauce, months ago), and it balanced out.

tcBttFnh.jpg

Simmering on med-low to reduce the sauce to a better consistency.

More to follow.

I got the friggin' munchies while waiting for this sauce to reduce and thicken.

Oooh! Wicken Yanks' Chip Dip in the fridge!? Yes please!

kgbg5f5h.jpg

These "Everything Pretzel Chips" will be the end of me, I swear...

:shock: Too exotic For me (weak stomach) but I Bet It's Great for those who can handle it. :loco:

Last edited:
Thai side of the house rather sorted. Time to get busy with the Korean.

Garlic and Ginger into the pan with some good butter. Simmer - Sauté.

EzOPOCah.jpg

Add some brown sugar, the gochujang, sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar

1EVqBc6h.jpg

Oh, yes. CINCHOUSE requested that I revisit the rice wine vinegar to brighten the flavor from the dark side. - Shack.

KJKCqePh.jpg

Nearly time to get that Vortex singing.

Last edited:
:shock: Too exotic For me (weak stomach) but I Bet It's Great for those who can handle it. :loco:

Pfffft.

It's nothing crazy, brother... just a bit of garlic, ginger, and local flavors. CINCHOUSE informed me that she thinks our 2 yr-old could handle the heat on the sauces (that means I paid attention to the spice/heat, for once).

No matter what, I hope you have the opportunity to try some of these flavors with/without the spice.

That Mohave garlic pepper saved many a meals for me out here! I put it on just about everything the DFAC has to offer! :-D

Well done, sir! I've got the BossLady applying it to fries and all sorts of stuff back home in CONUS (w/o input from yours truly). Great stuff!

I did the same thing with some Tabasco Chipotle and some HP back in '10 (Oops... I'm showing my age).

Best to you and the crew. Job well done, mate.

These are definitely going to be outstanding Marc, my mouth is watering thinking about it.

Back