Turducken

Kevin

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I've decided to try to build a turducken this week. The Turkey and the Chicken are thawing in the garage fridge. Going to pick up a Duck tomorrow. This is my first attempt at this. I've done a lot of research, so the basics are down. Anyone with experience want to offer advice?

wsm said:
Good luck boning them - that sounds like the hard part.

WSM,

I think that's "de-boning" them. The other may get you arrested in some states.

Allen

alages said:
WSM,

Allen

24.gif

Not in Illinois.

alages said:
WSM,

Allen
:oops:

I don't know - I just found out that they teach Animal Husbandry in my High School - I thought that was illegal in most Cities.:evil:

wsm said:
:oops:

I don't know - I just found out that they teach Animal Husbandry in my High School - I thought that was illegal in most Cities.:evil:

WSM,

Perhaps that class is to prepare the boys from Missouri for marriage and preparing turduckin? I did say it may be illegal in SOME states.

based on the answers Kevin.. id say its safe to assume not many have done a turducken, but a few have an interest on boning the family pet. :eek: :mrgreen:

BBQchef33 said:
based on the answers Kevin.. id say its safe to assume not many have done a turducken, but a few have an interest on boning the family pet. :eek: :mrgreen:

Funny you should mention that - how is Sir ****salot?

BBQchef33 said:
See what happens? Spend one night with a turducken and people immediately think they can't trust their pets with you.

Kevin, although i can't offer any worthwhile advice, Good Luck with the turducken!

ummm

I've eaten a turdunken... does that help? they are tasty...

Will look who is back. No chapters in Texas yet we are still trying to decide on a Bash. :eek:

ok I know what a turdunken is made of (turkey, Duck, an chicken) but HOW do you make it??????

I did a search on the web and found a site that gave a blow by blow including how to debone the birds. http://www.thesalmons.org/lynn/turducken.htmlis an example I know there is anpther one out there (more like thousands)

I also like John Maddens upgrade. He stuffs the Turducken into a pig (pork fat rules!

I think the easiest way to make a turduken is to order one. I think there's a web site that sells them nationally. This way, you don't have to bone or de-bone anything. :grin:

Back