dinner for tomorrow, chuckie and spares

Pugi

Full Fledged Farker
I have wanted to do a chuckie for a month and finally get a chance tomorrow. Throwing on a slightly trimmed rack of spares as well. Both rubbed with simple paprika, kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper powder and red pepper flakes. Wrapped and in fridge till morning. Will update more when the cook starts. UDS looks like a dog waiting for a bone.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTMuanBn.jpg

Looks good just sitting there waiting to be smoked
You will have some good eats thats for sure
Will be waiting for the follow up picks

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

Loaded up the world ugliest basket. Made from old Bbq grills and bailing wire. A couple chunks of hickory on top of mixed lump and miscellaneous leftovers.

utf-8BSU1BRzAxOTQuanBn.jpg

Looks good so far. The ribs are gonna get done earlier than the chuckie I would bet.

It's a baby chuckie, only 2.75 lbs. It will be going in foil with peppers and onions. Like you I had my worries about that as well. Only time will tell. Pugi

3 hours in. Chuckie was 160*, beef broth, pepper and onion put into a tent. Ribs got wrapped in foil with a little more brown sugar and strawberry margarita mix.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMDEuanBn.jpg

Ribs turned out great. Perfectly cooked. A lot of heat, the cayenne pepper really came through.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMDUuanBn.jpg

Chuckie was only about half pullable. It needed just a touch more time. Flavor was good. Plenty moist with all the beef broth.

utf-8BSU1BRzAyMDguanBn.jpg

How'd that strawberry margarita mix work out for you?

I used it instead of Apple juice because the kids drank all the Apple juice. Seemed like a good substitute. It did not bring anything flavor wise to the final product. All in all it worked though. Pugi

Back