View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 03:27 PM   #1
Philly-QueMaster
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Minimum For Catering and Delivery Jobs

Hey all it’s been a while since I’ve posted but I’m just about to get started opening our bbq trailer and catering business.

And yes before anyone asks I’ve already gone through and got our ServSafe Food safety certification, met all our local health department requirements, have our LLC setup with liability insurance, and are waiting on our final business license and permit from our local township.

Now on to my question for catering requests and bulk orders.

We have a mobile bbq concession trailer and we’ve been getting lots of requests for us to come out and cater company employee appreciation lunches.

The problem is a lot of these are smaller jobs, like 30-40 people.

For those of you who do on-site catering do you have a minimum job size (either minimum person or minimum $$ amount) that you stick to?

Second follow up question what about minimums on bulk orders when people are requesting you deliver and drop off?

I’m a big fan of Lewis Barbecue in Charleston and they have a minimum of $2,500 for full service catering and a minimum of $400 order for delivery.

I’m curious what all you experienced pros do?

I think having some kind of minimums is good to weed out these smaller jobs with lower profit margins.

Just looking for ideas.

Thanks!!
Philly-QueMaster is offline   Reply With Quote